Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Movie Review: The Love of Two Women props up "The Laureate"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 25, 2020
Netflix has her number.
Here’s the buy-in moment for “1BR,” a “forced-to-join-a-cult” thriller given a healthy dose of horror movie torture porn. New tenant Sarah has awoken after a few sleepless nights of banging noises have kept her awake in her (supposedly) one bedroom … Continue reading
Deadpan, surreal and pandemically prophetic, Tsai Ming-liang’s “The Hole (Dong)” didn’t make much of a splash, globally, when it premiered in 1999. A droll fantasy-musical about loneliness, plumbing and a virus spread by cockroaches who makes people act like cockroaches, … Continue reading
On August 11, 2014, the world got a bit sadder and a lot less funny. That’s the day we learned Robin Williams, the great, mercurial talent of his generation, had died. His death by suicide added to the shock, until … Continue reading