Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney's "Raya and the Last Dragon" animates an Asia of myth
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Netflixable? "Crazy About Her (Loco por ella)"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Documentary Review: A Great Writer writes and remembers -- "The War and Peace of Tim O'Brien"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 7, 2020
An Arabic post-apocalyptic thriller about survivors fighting over the little water that’s left? The pitch alone is enough for “The Worthy” to make one intrigued. Filmed in Bucharest, financed in the United Arab Emirates and directed by a UAE native/London … Continue reading
Feed Hampton, the charismatic Illinois Black Panther, and his betrayal by an FBI informant. The Revolution will not be televised. It will if theaters don’t open soon.
“Made in Italy” goes down easily, like an unassuming Chianti that doesn’t drown the taste of the pasta. It stumbles out the door, and staggers a bit at the end of the evening, a wino back off the wagon. But … Continue reading
“Cromwell” came out in 1970, a late entry in a formidable run of stately British period pieces. It’s inferior to “Anne of a Thousand Days,” “Becket,” “A Man for All Seasons” and even the somewhat stagebound “The Lion in Winter.” … Continue reading
Some days, you need a movie that’ll make you smile, maybe feel a little better about the world. It can be a teen dance comedy, built on a formula that was old when Channing Tatum was young. Give us another … Continue reading
We’ve got a captain’s hat, a camera, my dad’s old pontoon boat, and there’s that old light house down on North Point. Let’s make a MOVIE! The delightfully daft and DIY “Lake Michigan Monster” seems to give up its origin … Continue reading