Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Horror comes to a troubled couple as they "Shelter in Place" in the Roosevelt Hotel
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 7, 2020
An Arabic post-apocalyptic thriller about survivors fighting over the little water that’s left? The pitch alone is enough for “The Worthy” to make one intrigued. Filmed in Bucharest, financed in the United Arab Emirates and directed by a UAE native/London … Continue reading
Feed Hampton, the charismatic Illinois Black Panther, and his betrayal by an FBI informant. The Revolution will not be televised. It will if theaters don’t open soon.
“Made in Italy” goes down easily, like an unassuming Chianti that doesn’t drown the taste of the pasta. It stumbles out the door, and staggers a bit at the end of the evening, a wino back off the wagon. But … Continue reading
“Cromwell” came out in 1970, a late entry in a formidable run of stately British period pieces. It’s inferior to “Anne of a Thousand Days,” “Becket,” “A Man for All Seasons” and even the somewhat stagebound “The Lion in Winter.” … Continue reading
Some days, you need a movie that’ll make you smile, maybe feel a little better about the world. It can be a teen dance comedy, built on a formula that was old when Channing Tatum was young. Give us another … Continue reading
We’ve got a captain’s hat, a camera, my dad’s old pontoon boat, and there’s that old light house down on North Point. Let’s make a MOVIE! The delightfully daft and DIY “Lake Michigan Monster” seems to give up its origin … Continue reading