Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: Eckhart is prone to "Wander" in this conspiracy thriller
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 1, 2020
Netflix owns teen comedies and has done well with romance. But Amazon takes its shot at gaining a foothold with that audience and those genres with the serious high school romance “Chemical Hearts.” Looks hopeful and poignant and very romantic.
RIP Alan Parker, one of the best British directors of his generation — “Fame” to “Mississippi Burning”
Talked to him a few times over the years. A class act, sort of a British Norman Jewison. “The Commitments,” “Fame,” “Bugsy Malone,” musicals that often didn’t play like musicals. “Mississippi Burning” took deserved heat for its “white savior” tropes. … Continue reading