Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: A Rideshare Live-streaming Nightmare, "Spree"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Preview: Shia wears his Sunglasses at night as "The Tax Collector"
- Movie Review: Another Ayer ride-along, this time with "The Tax Collector"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 1, 2020
Netflix owns teen comedies and has done well with romance. But Amazon takes its shot at gaining a foothold with that audience and those genres with the serious high school romance “Chemical Hearts.” Looks hopeful and poignant and very romantic.
RIP Alan Parker, one of the best British directors of his generation — “Fame” to “Mississippi Burning”
Talked to him a few times over the years. A class act, sort of a British Norman Jewison. “The Commitments,” “Fame,” “Bugsy Malone,” musicals that often didn’t play like musicals. “Mississippi Burning” took deserved heat for its “white savior” tropes. … Continue reading