Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? Emma Roberts and Luke Bracey brace for a "Holidate"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: A streetball legend, "Blackjack: The Jackie Ryan Story"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Movie Review: A fake priest, an Exorcism streaming show, a test from Satan -- "The Cleansing Hour"
- Movie Review: Does Stephen King's lawyer know about "The Luring?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 1, 2020
Netflix owns teen comedies and has done well with romance. But Amazon takes its shot at gaining a foothold with that audience and those genres with the serious high school romance “Chemical Hearts.” Looks hopeful and poignant and very romantic.
RIP Alan Parker, one of the best British directors of his generation — “Fame” to “Mississippi Burning”
Talked to him a few times over the years. A class act, sort of a British Norman Jewison. “The Commitments,” “Fame,” “Bugsy Malone,” musicals that often didn’t play like musicals. “Mississippi Burning” took deserved heat for its “white savior” tropes. … Continue reading