Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? "Offering to the Storm" finishes the Spanish Kill Baby Girls cult trilogy
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
- Netflixable? Japanese "Romance Doll" is anything but "Inflatable"
- Movie Review: Arranged marriages with "A Suitable Girl" are more complicated than you think
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Documentary Review: Mayhem in a small town feud is delivered by "Tread"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 2, 2020
Bert Stern only directed one documentary. But “Jazz on a Summer’s Day” is widely considered the greatest jazz performance documentary ever, a 1959 classic that was designated to be preserved as part of the Smithsonian’s National Film Registry. The film, … Continue reading
Seaside locations on the scenic Kentish coast, a period piece story set “during the war” and a stellar cast can’t quite make the debut feature of playwright-turned-writer/director Jessica Swale come off. She’s probably kicking herself over “Summerland” as it is, … Continue reading
Don’t see a lot of Wilford Brimley interviews Youtube archived from chat shows. But Craig Ferguson had him on, and with a little coaxing and a lot of rooting from the audience, the veteran character actor, who just passed away … Continue reading
“The Burnt Orange Heresy” is a ham-fisted thriller with a cast so “on the nose” it shows little imagination on the part of the filmmakers, who seem determined to leave the viewer unchallenged. But what it has going for it … Continue reading
Betcha good money that this is the ENTIRE movie. Seriously, every twist and action beat is previewed in this Oct release. Every one of them. It could still be gritty and entertaining, and Liam always gives fair value. But hey, … Continue reading
“Seriously Single” is a seriously inconsequential Buppie rom-com from South Africa, a movie with a few laughs, lots of wigs and costume changes and little else. But it’s very existence makes it another movie that points to the massive footprint … Continue reading