Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: Gibson's the bomb squad cop, Kevin Dillon's the hacker in the "Hot Seat"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: "Ash & Dust," and blood and revenge over a mysterious box
- Classic Film Review: Robert Redford IS "Jeremiah Johnson" (1972)
- Movie Review: Louis C.K. directs and acts in "Fourth of July"
- Documentary Review -- "Hallelujah: Leonard Cohen, a Journey, a Song"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 30, 2019
I was one of the few critics to bother checking out Kevin Hart’s theatrical comedy concert film “Laugh at My Pain” when it opened back in 2011. He was already a veteran bit player, comic support on TV (Judd Apatow’s … Continue reading
The reason to mention the sometime actor and director of such violent, lurid and iconic indie films as “King of New York” and “Bad Lieutenant” in the headline of this review is to zero in on the most promising possibility … Continue reading
This isn’t the Georgia of the Falcons, “Real Housewives” or Tyler Perry. It’s the one Stalin came from. So you can see the “Billy Elliott” challenges of a life in tights in this Feb. release.
Stephen Lang, Fred Williamson, David Patrick Kelly, William Sadler and George Wendt are among the aged vets trapped in a bar under siege in this gory, over the top action piece. “VFW,” played straight or for tongue in cheek laughs, … Continue reading