Top Posts & Pages
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: Disney's "Raya and the Last Dragon" animates an Asia of myth
- Netflixable? "Crazy About Her (Loco por ella)"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 12, 2019
It’s a mess. And Brendan Fraser stars in it. Eventually. It takes a good, long while for Fraser, of late on the Hollywood “comeback trail” thanks to TV work in “The Affair” and “Trust,” to show up in the feature … Continue reading
A big 2020 release of a 2008 musical.
A World War II story about morality, not blindly plunging down the hole of doing whatever Dear Leader and his bigoted murderous minions say. A very LONG WWII story, I should add.
Character studies are the chamber music of the cinema — intimate, uncluttered movies built upon carefully-observed and recreated details. They are movies unplugged, capturing small-scale tragedies or personal triumphs layers of quiet reflection. Not a lot happens in “Colewell,” a … Continue reading
“The Whistleblower” is a Sino-Aussie thriller with plenty of properly potent action beats, a generally engaging cast, a global chase involving wildly improbable escapes and a script rife with knee-slappingly silly plot details. A tale of a global mineral megacompany … Continue reading
Clint Eastwood cast his aged eyes upon America, the flood of indictments and prison sentences raining on a Russian puppet in the White House, the daily affronts to truth, decency, morality, legality and patriotism reported by the press, and decided … Continue reading