Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
- Documentary Review: "Searching for Mr. Rugoff," remembering an art film icon
- Netflixable? Filipino Woman fights back when she becomes "The Girl with a Gun (Babae at Baril)"
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Review: To collect Sarandon's inheritance, Jake Johnson must "Ride the Eagle"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 3, 2019
Here’s a devilish dose of macabre, masochistic guilt for everything you bought on Black Friday, and just in time for Christmas! With “In Fabric,” horror auteur Peter Strickland (“The Duke of Burgundy,” “Berberian Sound Studio”) takes on consumerism, wage slavery … Continue reading
You want to get your indie comedy financed and distributed? Sign some “names” for the cast. Advertise them as the “stars.” So sure, Val Kilmer’s only in a single scene, as “President Biden, nightmare in chief.” Put his name above … Continue reading
Sam Mendes’ “1917” is a gripping and quite entertaining Tommy’s-eye-view of The Great War” as seen from the trenches of France. Mendes (“Jarhead,” “Skyfall”) didn’t get his tribute to the men and their sacrifice in World War I out in … Continue reading
Fans of the Brit car series “Top Gear” can tell you when that show hit its stride, and list a string of memorable moments from it that generally correspond with that. The show took off when the erudite and whimsical … Continue reading
A Marvel movie for sisters everywhere. A bit Russian for my taste, but then again, I’m not Tucker Carlson. Summer release.