Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Is any "Marriage Story" honestly like this?
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? French dancers "Step up" for "Let's Dance"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Movie Review: The Child Actor's lot, laid bare in "Honey Boy"
- Movie Review: "Frozen 2" melts down
- Netflixable? "Holly Star" tries to put the "cute" back in Christmas comedy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 3, 2019
Here’s a devilish dose of macabre, masochistic guilt for everything you bought on Black Friday, and just in time for Christmas! With “In Fabric,” horror auteur Peter Strickland (“The Duke of Burgundy,” “Berberian Sound Studio”) takes on consumerism, wage slavery … Continue reading
You want to get your indie comedy financed and distributed? Sign some “names” for the cast. Advertise them as the “stars.” So sure, Val Kilmer’s only in a single scene, as “President Biden, nightmare in chief.” Put his name above … Continue reading
Sam Mendes’ “1917” is a gripping and quite entertaining Tommy’s-eye-view of The Great War” as viewed from the trenches of France. Mendes (“Jarhead,” “Skyfall”) didn’t get his tribute to the men and their sacrifice in World War I out in … Continue reading
Fans of the Brit car series “Top Gear” can tell you when that show hit its stride, and list a string of memorable moments from it that generally correspond with that. The show took off when the erudite and whimsical … Continue reading
A Marvel movie for sisters everywhere. A bit Russian for my taste, but then again, I’m not Tucker Carlson. Summer release.