Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
- Netflixable? Animated "Over the Moon" marries Chinese animation and sensibilities to Hollywood storytelling
- Movie Review: "Borat Subsequent Moviefilm," just as outrageous, not as funny
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Bingworthy? Anya Taylor-Joy looks for checkmate in "The Queen's Gambit"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 20, 2019
Heavens, the venom hurled at “Cats,” one of the first big “tourist attraction” musicals, finally brought to the big screen and with a star-studded cast, no less. Long-planned, long-thought unfilmable, a hodgepodge of songs and feline choreography and feelings attached … Continue reading
All the opening weekend projections for the “last” film in the latest “Star Wars” have been in the $170 million range. With the film slightly underperforming compared to “Last Jedi” Thursday night, that seems reasonable. $45 million was “Jedi” managed, … Continue reading
It ends just as predictably as it began, a trilogy of “Star Wars” movies built on George Lucas’s Greatest Hits. J.J. Abrams produced three of the biggest blockbusters in screen history, and with “The Rise of Skywalker,” directed two of … Continue reading
A teen pregnancy drama coming this March looks promising.
An agoraphobia thriller in the “Rear Window” mold? Intrigued.
Big break for Denzel’s son.