Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Jolie is the you-know-what weight in "Those Who Wish Me Dead"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 20, 2019
Heavens, the venom hurled at “Cats,” one of the first big “tourist attraction” musicals, finally brought to the big screen and with a star-studded cast, no less. Long-planned, long-thought unfilmable, a hodgepodge of songs and feline choreography and feelings attached … Continue reading
All the opening weekend projections for the “last” film in the latest “Star Wars” have been in the $170 million range. With the film slightly underperforming compared to “Last Jedi” Thursday night, that seems reasonable. $45 million was “Jedi” managed, … Continue reading
It ends just as predictably as it began, a trilogy of “Star Wars” movies built on George Lucas’s Greatest Hits. J.J. Abrams produced three of the biggest blockbusters in screen history, and with “The Rise of Skywalker,” directed two of … Continue reading
A teen pregnancy drama coming this March looks promising.
An agoraphobia thriller in the “Rear Window” mold? Intrigued.
Big break for Denzel’s son.