Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
- Netflixable? "Offering to the Storm" finishes the Spanish Kill Baby Girls cult trilogy
- Netflixable? Japanese "Romance Doll" is anything but "Inflatable"
- Movie Review: Arranged marriages with "A Suitable Girl" are more complicated than you think
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Don't cross your imaginary lover, not if she's named "Sylvia"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 11, 2019
You shouldn’t make a Cinderella movie without having some killer “Steps” in mind. “A Cinderella Story: Christmas Wish,” has some doozies. You don’t have to be a tweenage girl to get your back up at how LOATHESOME the evil stepmother … Continue reading
No DeNiro for “The Irishman,” a lot less Netflix than the critics’ groups and Golden Globes crowd have been crowing over. From Variety… SAG Nominations: 22 Biggest Snubs and Surprises From ‘Little Women’ to ‘The Morning Show’ https://t.co/RK1nA9rwPo https://t.co/yORJ4oFvtn https://twitter.com/Variety_Film/status/1204805932951035905?s=20
Oh, look at all the guys who try to take advantage of the tipsy lady at the bar. Look at what she does to them. Or seems about to. “Promising Young Woman” opens in April.
The “great singer who can’t get a break in this business” trope earns a desultory, if occasionally tuneful treatment in “Hold On,” a faith-based drama “inspired by true events.” It plays as preordained, and the emotionally-flat performances, even in roles … Continue reading
Netflix could use some help in its “plot summar blurb” deparment. Because their brief description of “Atlantics” is so far off as to lure viewers in under false pretenses, and scare off the viewers most likely to enjoy it. It’s … Continue reading
I raised an eyebrow when this was announced as an election year-eve release from Clint Eastwood. First of all, Great Grandpa had de facto retired. But like Cher, he cannot seem to leave the limelight, even if his work has … Continue reading
If you’ve seen the movie, you don’t have to ask which one. From The Hollywood Reporter. “Lionsgate is leaning into the popularity of @ChrisEvans’ cozy, white cable-knit sweater in #KnivesOut” https://t.co/co3wmlQ93C https://twitter.com/THR/status/1204690566665113601?s=20
The air of “played” hangs over “Jumanji: The Next Level,” a sequel that flails and flogs the premise that made “Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle” so funny, to death. It’s not the folks stuck inside a video game idea … Continue reading