Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A "Disappearance at Clifton Hill" leads to a lifelong obsession
- Movie Review: What might be out there in "The Vast of Night?"
- Bingeworthy? Ill-conceived "Space Force" is a mission that should have been aborted
- Netflixable? Finding the girl "Perdida" (Lost) in Patagonia
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Survivalism's last stand hinges on "The Reliant"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 16, 2019
Jonathan Rhys Meyers plays a man who may or may not be a serial killer in “Awake,” a thriller that promises to start quickly and find a fresh twist or two by the end, and fails at both. We meet … Continue reading
If he is making just one more feature film, he doesn’t want it to be a franchise popcorn pic based on a TV series. R-rated or not, “Tarantino-esque” Trek. Not happening. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/quentin-tarantino-backs-away-his-star-trek-movie-1263001
A young violinist comes to terms with her estranged father’s past in this Jan. 10 release.
The recent “Star Wars” reboots have left me a bit cold — delighted by “Rogue One,” well-cast, a story with real life-or-death stakes — unimpressed by “Solo,” underwhelmed by the J.J. Abrams storyline and casting. But I’m optimistic. I tend … Continue reading
One rabbit hole that the shift of movie reviewing to an online profession can send you down is Google letting you know what questions people are asking when they track down a film review. The most common? “X, Y or … Continue reading
“Good Sam” is a “Pay it Forward” style “feel-good” weeper that lacks only the weeping — and the feeling good — to come off. Unemotional, mostly uninvolving and seriously underwhelming, it takes a mild-mannered story about an anoynmous good Samaritan … Continue reading
Kind of pins you back in your seat. Little bit.
“Spies in Disguise” is an animated action comedy, “Mission: Impossible” with one-liners and sight gags galore. It’s a violent film with “there’s got to be a better (non-violent) way” messaging, a pretty funny torture joke and lots of written graphics. … Continue reading