Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Netflixable? Another chess match to save the world, "The Coldest Game"
- Netflixable? "All the Bright Places" are where they store the schmaltz
- The song Jim Carrey does a wicked dance to in "Sonic the Hedgehog"
- Documentary Review: Rare titles are the Holy Grail to "The Booksellers"
- Netflixable? Germans "Isi & Ossi" hunt for laughs on the way to romance
- Movie Review: A CGI dog hears "The Call of the Wild"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Movie Review: Winterbottom and Coogan serve up a modern take on "Greed"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 16, 2019
Jonathan Rhys Meyers plays a man who may or may not be a serial killer in “Awake,” a thriller that promises to start quickly and find a fresh twist or two by the end, and fails at both. We meet … Continue reading
If he is making just one more feature film, he doesn’t want it to be a franchise popcorn pic based on a TV series. R-rated or not, “Tarantino-esque” Trek. Not happening. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/quentin-tarantino-backs-away-his-star-trek-movie-1263001
A young violinist comes to terms with her estranged father’s past in this Jan. 10 release.
The recent “Star Wars” reboots have left me a bit cold — delighted by “Rogue One,” well-cast, a story with real life-or-death stakes — unimpressed by “Solo,” underwhelmed by the J.J. Abrams storyline and casting. But I’m optimistic. I tend … Continue reading
One rabbit hole that the shift of movie reviewing to an online profession can send you down is Google letting you know what questions people are asking when they track down a film review. The most common? “X, Y or … Continue reading
“Good Sam” is a “Pay it Forward” style “feel-good” weeper that lacks only the weeping — and the feeling good — to come off. Unemotional, mostly uninvolving and seriously underwhelming, it takes a mild-mannered story about an anoynmous good Samaritan … Continue reading
Kind of pins you back in your seat. Little bit.
“Spies in Disguise” is an animated action comedy, “Mission: Impossible” with one-liners and sight gags galore. It’s a violent film with “there’s got to be a better (non-violent) way” messaging, a pretty funny torture joke and lots of written graphics. … Continue reading