Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Netflixable? Another chess match to save the world, "The Coldest Game"
- Netflixable? "All the Bright Places" are where they store the schmaltz
- The song Jim Carrey does a wicked dance to in "Sonic the Hedgehog"
- Netflixable? Germans "Isi & Ossi" hunt for laughs on the way to romance
- Documentary Review: Rare titles are the Holy Grail to "The Booksellers"
- Movie Review: A CGI dog hears "The Call of the Wild"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Movie Review: Winterbottom and Coogan serve up a modern take on "Greed"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 28, 2019
Netflixable? A famed Mexican singer redeems himself, post mortem, in “Como Caido del Cielo (As Fallen from the Clouds)”
The dashing figure of singer, actor and icon Pedro Infante still looms large enough in Mexican pop culture as to inspire fresh appreciations of his talent. Sometimes, the reference can be oblique, in animated form (“Coco”). Sometimes, it’s more direct, … Continue reading
The hair-raising moments of the creature feature “Sweetheart” come the first time our shipwrecked heroine (Kiersey Clemons) is chased and swiped-at by the clawed monster from the deep that wants to eat her. It only comes out at … Continue reading
This period piece is about a feminist protest of the 1970 Miss World pageant in London. Keira Knightley is a young mother properly outraged by this pageant and its patriarchal practices, Gugu Mbatha-Raw is a contestant. Jessie Buckley and Suki … Continue reading
“Little Women” and “Spies in Disguise” are all set to give that”last” “Star Wars” film a run for its ticket sales money this weekend. LOL. Those Christmas Day openers have done OK business since midweek. But “The Rise of Skywalker” … Continue reading