Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A "Disappearance at Clifton Hill" leads to a lifelong obsession
- Movie Review: What might be out there in "The Vast of Night?"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Bingeworthy? Ill-conceived "Space Force" is a mission that should have been aborted
- Netflixable? Finding the girl "Perdida" (Lost) in Patagonia
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Survivalism's last stand hinges on "The Reliant"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 28, 2019
Netflixable? A famed Mexican singer redeems himself, post mortem, in “Como Caido del Cielo (As Fallen from the Clouds)”
The dashing figure of singer, actor and icon Pedro Infante still looms large enough in Mexican pop culture as to inspire fresh appreciations of his talent. Sometimes, the reference can be oblique, in animated form (“Coco”). Sometimes, it’s more direct, … Continue reading
The hair-raising moments of the creature feature “Sweetheart” come the first time our shipwrecked heroine (Kiersey Clemons) is chased and swiped-at by the clawed monster from the deep that wants to eat her. It only comes out at … Continue reading
This period piece is about a feminist protest of the 1970 Miss World pageant in London. Keira Knightley is a young mother properly outraged by this pageant and its patriarchal practices, Gugu Mbatha-Raw is a contestant. Jessie Buckley and Suki … Continue reading
“Little Women” and “Spies in Disguise” are all set to give that”last” “Star Wars” film a run for its ticket sales money this weekend. LOL. Those Christmas Day openers have done OK business since midweek. But “The Rise of Skywalker” … Continue reading