Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Movie Review: She's an addict, her kid's in protective custody and "All the World is Sleeping"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Netflixable? A South African sex-comedy that reminds us to "Do Your Worst"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Movie Review: Robbers are "Hunted" in this Brit thriller about class, privilege and "the most dangerous game"
- Movie Review: Creepy Rich Kid Becomes a Nightmare for "The Tutor"
- Netflixable? A Cross-Cultural Rom-Com from "Faraway"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Movie Review: An Alpine Peak Too Far, "Summit Fever"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: December 29, 2019
Movie Review: Horror is a fiddle tune composed by Rutger Hauer, “The Sonata”
A sonata isn’t just a drab Hyundai sedan or a sleep-aid meant to treat insomnia. It’s a work for a solo instrumentalist, typically, in classical music, composed for violin or piano, although there are flute, organ and clarinet works famous … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: Horror is a fiddle tune composed by Rutger Hauer, “The Sonata”
BOX OFFICE: “Skywalker” falls to $72, “Little Women” clear $16
That’s not a terrible plummet, more a steep falloff for the “final” “Star Wars” film. It’s still trailing “Last Jedi,” at this same point in release. A big Xmas pushed it over $300 million and narrowed that gap considerably. Any … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on BOX OFFICE: “Skywalker” falls to $72, “Little Women” clear $16