Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: "The Right One" goes a tad too wrong
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 15, 2019
Well, isn’t this the most adorable damned concert doc you ever saw? “Spirits of the Forest” captures Depeche Mode at the finale to their 2017-18 “Global Spirit” in Berlin. It’s a multi-media spectacle in the modern concert style, with the … Continue reading
I’ve just finished the last biography written by the historian Edmund Morris, a Pulitzer Prize winner and the world’s foremost expert on Teddy Roosevelt, and among those foiled by “There’s no THERE there” in trying to write a biography of … Continue reading
Three movies not worth your time opened wide this weekend. Only one paid off. “Jumanji: The Next Level” outperformed expectations with a whopping $60 million take. “Frozen 2,” finally dethroned, came in a distant second in the mid-teens. Clint Eastwood’s … Continue reading
A thriller with good buzz, and an annoying voice over narration? Corporate attorney ingests the wrong drug, and his paranoid world flips upside down.
This Spring release (in the UK) stars Radcliffe as Tim Jenkin, and Ian Hart ad is the true (ish) story of white South Africans working with the African National Congress during Apartheid, and imprisoned for it “Escape from Pretoria” is … Continue reading