Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A "Disappearance at Clifton Hill" leads to a lifelong obsession
- Movie Review: What might be out there in "The Vast of Night?"
- Bingeworthy? Ill-conceived "Space Force" is a mission that should have been aborted
- Netflixable? Finding the girl "Perdida" (Lost) in Patagonia
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Survivalism's last stand hinges on "The Reliant"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 15, 2019
Well, isn’t this the most adorable damned concert doc you ever saw? “Spirits of the Forest” captures Depeche Mode at the finale to their 2017-18 “Global Spirit” in Berlin. It’s a multi-media spectacle in the modern concert style, with the … Continue reading
I’ve just finished the last biography written by the historian Edmund Morris, a Pulitzer Prize winner and the world’s foremost expert on Teddy Roosevelt, and among those foiled by “There’s no THERE there” in trying to write a biography of … Continue reading
Three movies not worth your time opened wide this weekend. Only one paid off. “Jumanji: The Next Level” outperformed expectations with a whopping $60 million take. “Frozen 2,” finally dethroned, came in a distant second in the mid-teens. Clint Eastwood’s … Continue reading
A thriller with good buzz, and an annoying voice over narration? Corporate attorney ingests the wrong drug, and his paranoid world flips upside down.
This Spring release (in the UK) stars Radcliffe as Tim Jenkin, and Ian Hart ad is the true (ish) story of white South Africans working with the African National Congress during Apartheid, and imprisoned for it “Escape from Pretoria” is … Continue reading