Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- Movie Review: Navy Fliers test limits of "Devotion" over Korea
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- BOX OFFICE: Another "Wakanda" wipe out, "Strange World" Bombs
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Netflixable? Jason Momoa all sugar-buzzed and ready for "Slumberland"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 24, 2019
It’s an odd niche, I’ll admit. But I’ve always been fascinated by the origin stories of professions. The art of criminal investigation unfolding in “The Name of the Rose,” Medieval legal defense arising in “The Advocate,” medicine moving out of … Continue reading
Sometimes, it’s the cover-up, not the crime, the old political saying goes. But sometimes, it’s the crime AND the cover-up. That’s the thesis of “The Photographer of Mauthausen” (“El fotógrafo de Mauthausen”), a Catalan/Spanish story from the Holocaust. Because mass … Continue reading
Snowboarding ventures into the realm of the rich and giant-carbon-footprint classes with “Dark Matter,” a lovely “virgin powder” downhill documentary shot in the pristine peaks near Tordrillo Heli (helicopter) Skiing lodge way up north in Alaska. Snowboarding icons Travis Rice … Continue reading