Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
- Netflixable? Filipino romance promises lifelong devotion to "My Amanda"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Netflixable? "Fear Street Part 3" goes to 1666 to wrap it all up
- Documentary Review: The "Conjuring" house goes AirBnB -- "The Sleepless Unrest"
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 24, 2019
It’s an odd niche, I’ll admit. But I’ve always been fascinated by the origin stories of professions. The art of criminal investigation unfolding in “The Name of the Rose,” Medieval legal defense arising in “The Advocate,” medicine moving out of … Continue reading
Sometimes, it’s the cover-up, not the crime, the old political saying goes. But sometimes, it’s the crime AND the cover-up. That’s the thesis of “The Photographer of Mauthausen” (“El fotógrafo de Mauthausen”), a Catalan/Spanish story from the Holocaust. Because mass … Continue reading
Snowboarding ventures into the realm of the rich and giant-carbon-footprint classes with “Dark Matter,” a lovely “virgin powder” downhill documentary shot in the pristine peaks near Tordrillo Heli (helicopter) Skiing lodge way up north in Alaska. Snowboarding icons Travis Rice … Continue reading