Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A "Disappearance at Clifton Hill" leads to a lifelong obsession
- Movie Review: What might be out there in "The Vast of Night?"
- Bingeworthy? Ill-conceived "Space Force" is a mission that should have been aborted
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? Finding the girl "Perdida" (Lost) in Patagonia
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Survivalism's last stand hinges on "The Reliant"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 24, 2019
It’s an odd niche, I’ll admit. But I’ve always been fascinated by the origin stories of professions. The art of criminal investigation unfolding in “The Name of the Rose,” Medieval legal defense arising in “The Advocate,” medicine moving out of … Continue reading
Sometimes, it’s the cover-up, not the crime, the old political saying goes. But sometimes, it’s the crime AND the cover-up. That’s the thesis of “The Photographer of Mauthausen” (“El fotógrafo de Mauthausen”), a Catalan/Spanish story from the Holocaust. Because mass … Continue reading
Snowboarding ventures into the realm of the rich and giant-carbon-footprint classes with “Dark Matter,” a lovely “virgin powder” downhill documentary shot in the pristine peaks near Tordrillo Heli (helicopter) Skiing lodge way up north in Alaska. Snowboarding icons Travis Rice … Continue reading