Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
- Netflixable? Animated "Over the Moon" marries Chinese animation and sensibilities to Hollywood storytelling
- Movie Review: "Borat Subsequent Moviefilm," just as outrageous, not as funny
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Bingworthy? Anya Taylor-Joy looks for checkmate in "The Queen's Gambit"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 13, 2019
The newspaper treated as the villain in Clint Eastwood and screenwriter Billy Ray’s warped, wingnut friendly movie, was no such thing. They were the first to report the fact that he could not have done it. Go to the link … Continue reading
Quick show of hands, who among you got through “6 Underground,” I mean ALL the way through it? Because I was ready to give up, ten minutes in. I may be a big Ryan Reynolds fan, but even I have … Continue reading
Breathtakingly beautiful, poetic, soulful and chillingly topical, Terrence Malick’s “A Hidden Place” searches for righteousness in a time when cruelty and evil are the popular will. This dream fugue of a movie is three hour meditation on the bravery of … Continue reading
Love just LOVE that Imogen Poots. Even if there is no way that line will ever NOT be funny. An actress who has made interesting choices ever since “V for Vendetta,” “Me and Orson Welles” and “28 Weeks Later” put … Continue reading
No news flash there, right? A blockbuster sequel that adds more demographics to its star power, set to dominate the last free weekend before “Star Wars” eats Christmas. I wasn’t nuts about”Jumanji: The Next Level.” Adding Danny Glover and Dann … Continue reading