Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: Jolie is the you-know-what weight in "Those Who Wish Me Dead"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 13, 2019
The newspaper treated as the villain in Clint Eastwood and screenwriter Billy Ray’s warped, wingnut friendly movie, was no such thing. They were the first to report the fact that he could not have done it. Go to the link … Continue reading
Quick show of hands, who among you got through “6 Underground,” I mean ALL the way through it? Because I was ready to give up, ten minutes in. I may be a big Ryan Reynolds fan, but even I have … Continue reading
Breathtakingly beautiful, poetic, soulful and chillingly topical, Terrence Malick’s “A Hidden Place” searches for righteousness in a time when cruelty and evil are the popular will. This dream fugue of a movie is three hour meditation on the bravery of … Continue reading
Love just LOVE that Imogen Poots. Even if there is no way that line will ever NOT be funny. An actress who has made interesting choices ever since “V for Vendetta,” “Me and Orson Welles” and “28 Weeks Later” put … Continue reading
No news flash there, right? A blockbuster sequel that adds more demographics to its star power, set to dominate the last free weekend before “Star Wars” eats Christmas. I wasn’t nuts about”Jumanji: The Next Level.” Adding Danny Glover and Dann … Continue reading