Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Netflixable? Another chess match to save the world, "The Coldest Game"
- Netflixable? "All the Bright Places" are where they store the schmaltz
- The song Jim Carrey does a wicked dance to in "Sonic the Hedgehog"
- Documentary Review: Rare titles are the Holy Grail to "The Booksellers"
- Netflixable? Germans "Isi & Ossi" hunt for laughs on the way to romance
- Movie Review: A CGI dog hears "The Call of the Wild"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Movie Review: Winterbottom and Coogan serve up a modern take on "Greed"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 13, 2019
The newspaper treated as the villain in Clint Eastwood and screenwriter Billy Ray’s warped, wingnut friendly movie, was no such thing. They were the first to report the fact that he could not have done it. Go to the link … Continue reading
Quick show of hands, who among you got through “6 Underground,” I mean ALL the way through it? Because I was ready to give up, ten minutes in. I may be a big Ryan Reynolds fan, but even I have … Continue reading
Breathtakingly beautiful, poetic, soulful and chillingly topical, Terrence Malick’s “A Hidden Place” searches for righteousness in a time when cruelty and evil are the popular will. This dream fugue of a movie is three hour meditation on the bravery of … Continue reading
Love just LOVE that Imogen Poots. Even if there is no way that line will ever NOT be funny. An actress who has made interesting choices ever since “V for Vendetta,” “Me and Orson Welles” and “28 Weeks Later” put … Continue reading
No news flash there, right? A blockbuster sequel that adds more demographics to its star power, set to dominate the last free weekend before “Star Wars” eats Christmas. I wasn’t nuts about”Jumanji: The Next Level.” Adding Danny Glover and Dann … Continue reading