Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: Gibson's the bomb squad cop, Kevin Dillon's the hacker in the "Hot Seat"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: "Ash & Dust," and blood and revenge over a mysterious box
- Classic Film Review: Robert Redford IS "Jeremiah Johnson" (1972)
- Movie Review: Louis C.K. directs and acts in "Fourth of July"
- Documentary Review -- "Hallelujah: Leonard Cohen, a Journey, a Song"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 31, 2019
It was a banner year for documentaries and an off year for animation. And Almodovar. Sure, give Banderas a Best Actor nomination, but “Pain & Glory?” Meh. It was a year without Woody Allen, our first and not our last. … Continue reading
Netflix continues its holiday season culling of Christian fundamentalist subscribers by adding a second holiday-themed religious special from the Brazilian TV and Youtube comedy troop Porta dos Fundos” to its offerings. Whatever else they’ve managed in their brief career as … Continue reading
The iconic look of sci fi cinema was redefined in the late ’70s and early ’80s by Syd Mead, a visual stylist who cast a long shadow over the genre. An artist and futurist who worked for Ford, his conceptual … Continue reading