Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Movie Review: "The School of Magical Animals," Hogwarts-lite from Germany
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Movie Review: "Delia's Gone," a Vengeance Thriller with a Twist
- Netflixable? A Cross-Cultural Rom-Com from "Faraway"
- Netflixable? Belgian "Noise" eats up your quiet time as you try to make sense of it
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: December 31, 2019
The Best Films of 2019
It was a banner year for documentaries and an off year for animation. And Almodovar. Sure, give Banderas a Best Actor nomination, but “Pain & Glory?” Meh. It was a year without Woody Allen, our first and not our last. … Continue reading
Netflixable? Brazil’s Porta dos Fundos lampoons Jesus & Co. with “The Last Hangover”
Netflix continues its holiday season culling of Christian fundamentalist subscribers by adding a second holiday-themed religious special from the Brazilian TV and Youtube comedy troop Porta dos Fundos” to its offerings. Whatever else they’ve managed in their brief career as … Continue reading
RIP Syd Mead — futurist, designer of “Blade Runner,” “Tron” and “Aliens” was 86
The iconic look of sci fi cinema was redefined in the late ’70s and early ’80s by Syd Mead, a visual stylist who cast a long shadow over the genre. An artist and futurist who worked for Ford, his conceptual … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on RIP Syd Mead — futurist, designer of “Blade Runner,” “Tron” and “Aliens” was 86