Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- Movie Review: Navy Fliers test limits of "Devotion" over Korea
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- BOX OFFICE: Another "Wakanda" wipe out, "Strange World" Bombs
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Netflixable? Jason Momoa all sugar-buzzed and ready for "Slumberland"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 31, 2019
It was a banner year for documentaries and an off year for animation. And Almodovar. Sure, give Banderas a Best Actor nomination, but “Pain & Glory?” Meh. It was a year without Woody Allen, our first and not our last. … Continue reading
Netflix continues its holiday season culling of Christian fundamentalist subscribers by adding a second holiday-themed religious special from the Brazilian TV and Youtube comedy troop Porta dos Fundos” to its offerings. Whatever else they’ve managed in their brief career as … Continue reading
The iconic look of sci fi cinema was redefined in the late ’70s and early ’80s by Syd Mead, a visual stylist who cast a long shadow over the genre. An artist and futurist who worked for Ford, his conceptual … Continue reading