Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Netflixable? Another chess match to save the world, "The Coldest Game"
- Netflixable? "All the Bright Places" are where they store the schmaltz
- The song Jim Carrey does a wicked dance to in "Sonic the Hedgehog"
- Documentary Review: Rare titles are the Holy Grail to "The Booksellers"
- Netflixable? Germans "Isi & Ossi" hunt for laughs on the way to romance
- Movie Review: A CGI dog hears "The Call of the Wild"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Movie Review: Winterbottom and Coogan serve up a modern take on "Greed"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 31, 2019
It was a banner year for documentaries and an off year for animation. And Almodovar. Sure, give Banderas a Best Actor nomination, but “Pain & Glory?” Meh. It was a year without Woody Allen, our first and not our last. … Continue reading
Netflix continues its holiday season culling of Christian fundamentalist subscribers by adding a second holiday-themed religious special from the Brazilian TV and Youtube comedy troop Porta dos Fundos” to its offerings. Whatever else they’ve managed in their brief career as … Continue reading
The iconic look of sci fi cinema was redefined in the late ’70s and early ’80s by Syd Mead, a visual stylist who cast a long shadow over the genre. An artist and futurist who worked for Ford, his conceptual … Continue reading