Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A "Disappearance at Clifton Hill" leads to a lifelong obsession
- Movie Review: What might be out there in "The Vast of Night?"
- Bingeworthy? Ill-conceived "Space Force" is a mission that should have been aborted
- Netflixable? Finding the girl "Perdida" (Lost) in Patagonia
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Survivalism's last stand hinges on "The Reliant"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 10, 2019
She is a tiny woman, white-haired, hard of hearing and stooped with age. When the film crew checks in with her, Marthe Cohn is about to turn 96 (she’s 99 now), long-retired from nursing and the medical research assistant work … Continue reading
Netflixable? “Christmas Survival” or “Surviving Christmas with the Relatives,” Brits bollix another holiday comedy
Why do the British hate Christmas so much? Is it their anti-Catholic thing, the culture’s sturdy and vigorous undercurrent of atheism? Or maybe the better question is WHEN did they start hating Christmas? Is it because they’re sick of the … Continue reading
As the various holiday-themed trailers that have come out this past week or three have demonstrated, Universal and the cast are selling the hell out of this holiday sequel. A “soft opening” in China may be behind that. Fear that … Continue reading