Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Netflixable? Another chess match to save the world, "The Coldest Game"
- Documentary Review: Rare titles are the Holy Grail to "The Booksellers"
- The song Jim Carrey does a wicked dance to in "Sonic the Hedgehog"
- Netflixable? "All the Bright Places" are where they store the schmaltz
- Netflixable? Germans "Isi & Ossi" hunt for laughs on the way to romance
- Movie Review: A CGI dog hears "The Call of the Wild"
- Movie Review: Moss is haunted, tested by "The Invisible Man"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Netflixable? "Wish Man" tells the story of the cop who started "Make-a-Wish"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 10, 2019
She is a tiny woman, white-haired, hard of hearing and stooped with age. When the film crew checks in with her, Marthe Cohn is about to turn 96 (she’s 99 now), long-retired from nursing and the medical research assistant work … Continue reading
Netflixable? “Christmas Survival” or “Surviving Christmas with the Relatives,” Brits bollix another holiday comedy
Why do the British hate Christmas so much? Is it their anti-Catholic thing, the culture’s sturdy and vigorous undercurrent of atheism? Or maybe the better question is WHEN did they start hating Christmas? Is it because they’re sick of the … Continue reading
As the various holiday-themed trailers that have come out this past week or three have demonstrated, Universal and the cast are selling the hell out of this holiday sequel. A “soft opening” in China may be behind that. Fear that … Continue reading