Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: Canadian College kids discover the horrors of "Halloween Party"
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Netflixable? Cop digs into gay murders in 1980s Poland, and a cover-up -- "Operation Hyacinth"
- Movie Review: If only they'd remembered Harvey Keitel is "Lansky"
- Movie Review: Even Swedes fret over their neighbors -- "The Evil Next Door"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 10, 2019
She is a tiny woman, white-haired, hard of hearing and stooped with age. When the film crew checks in with her, Marthe Cohn is about to turn 96 (she’s 99 now), long-retired from nursing and the medical research assistant work … Continue reading
Netflixable? “Christmas Survival” or “Surviving Christmas with the Relatives,” Brits bollix another holiday comedy
Why do the British hate Christmas so much? Is it their anti-Catholic thing, the culture’s sturdy and vigorous undercurrent of atheism? Or maybe the better question is WHEN did they start hating Christmas? Is it because they’re sick of the … Continue reading
As the various holiday-themed trailers that have come out this past week or three have demonstrated, Universal and the cast are selling the hell out of this holiday sequel. A “soft opening” in China may be behind that. Fear that … Continue reading