Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Netflixable? Another chess match to save the world, "The Coldest Game"
- Documentary Review: Rare titles are the Holy Grail to "The Booksellers"
- The song Jim Carrey does a wicked dance to in "Sonic the Hedgehog"
- Netflixable? "All the Bright Places" are where they store the schmaltz
- Netflixable? Germans "Isi & Ossi" hunt for laughs on the way to romance
- Movie Review: A CGI dog hears "The Call of the Wild"
- Movie Review: Moss is haunted, tested by "The Invisible Man"
- Netflixable? "Wish Man" tells the story of the cop who started "Make-a-Wish"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 26, 2019
“Signs and Meaning in the Cinema” was the grad school textbook I got the most out of. Iconic images freighted with symbolic meaning, layers of interpretation added to film beyond what dialogue, exposition and performance could carry — Wollen made … Continue reading
“Ashes in the Snow” is a game attempt at adding Stalin’s gulags to the horrors of Hitler’s Holocaust to our collective memory of the crimes of World War II. The Russians beat the Germans in the institution of slave labor … Continue reading