Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
- Netflixable? Filipino romance promises lifelong devotion to "My Amanda"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Netflixable? "Fear Street Part 3" goes to 1666 to wrap it all up
- Documentary Review: The "Conjuring" house goes AirBnB -- "The Sleepless Unrest"
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 9, 2019
Documentary Review: Surfing twins take on the world and the big waves, “And Two if By Sea: The Hobgood Brothers”
I’ve seen and reviewed a lot of surf documentaries over the decades, but “And Two if By Sea: The Hobgood Brothers” stands out from the pack in two important regards. One is the degree to which it dives into the … Continue reading
In total agreement with the various pieces around the web about this Golden Globes snub. Natalie Portman pointed it out in reading off the “all male nominees” list o the telecast this morning. Three or four women directors were worth … Continue reading
In November of 1957, the biggest gathering of mob bosses in Mafia history took place in tiny Apalachin, New York. Every Big Name in La Cosa Nostra showed up in upstate New York — some 60 mob bosses from across … Continue reading
I will withhold my “What’s the point of THIS?” judgment because, well, this is a novel approach to take to a “reboot.” A “Ghostbusters” without the comedy? A sequel assuming the originals are all, or mostly, in the Harold Ramis … Continue reading
A peak Netflix moment? Or a predictor of the Oscars? Big day for “The Irishman” and “Marriage Story,” some notice for “The Two Popes,” “Dolemite,” a near tidal wave. “Ford v Ferrari” a token nomination, “Once Upon a Time.. in … Continue reading
If you think anything is going to stop Disney from remaking “live action” versions of its animated classics, Marvel movies or “Star Wars” installments, think again. The Mouse has become the first studio to ever cross the $10 billion mark … Continue reading