Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
- Netflixable? "Offering to the Storm" finishes the Spanish Kill Baby Girls cult trilogy
- Netflixable? Japanese "Romance Doll" is anything but "Inflatable"
- Movie Review: Arranged marriages with "A Suitable Girl" are more complicated than you think
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Don't cross your imaginary lover, not if she's named "Sylvia"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 17, 2019
The old “lost dad was a wizard and suburban son goes on a quest to find him” plot. With teens and a van and unicorns. March.
Maud’s conscientous. Maud has the Holy Spirit in her. Or something like that. Maybe unholy? Jennifer Ehle is the cynical dying socialite cared for by Maud (Morfydd Clark) this late March/early April horror tale.
Some of us are old enough to remember when Romany Malco was funny. “40 Year Old Virgin” and “Baby Mama,” even “Think Like a Man” Romany was edgy, testy, antic and funny. None of which are in evidence in this … Continue reading
In theaters August 21, 2020. https://t.co/K4tXKihPem https://twitter.com/BillandTed3/status/1206986853523640320?s=20
Imagine, if you will, something like a Key & Peele riff on a particularly blasphemous Monty Python Nativity sketch, rendered in the most profane Portugeuse. That’s “A Primeira Tentação de Cristo,” a comedy special by Brazil’s Portos dos Fundos comedy … Continue reading