Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Netflixable? Another chess match to save the world, "The Coldest Game"
- Netflixable? "All the Bright Places" are where they store the schmaltz
- The song Jim Carrey does a wicked dance to in "Sonic the Hedgehog"
- Documentary Review: Rare titles are the Holy Grail to "The Booksellers"
- Netflixable? Germans "Isi & Ossi" hunt for laughs on the way to romance
- Movie Review: A CGI dog hears "The Call of the Wild"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Movie Review: Winterbottom and Coogan serve up a modern take on "Greed"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 18, 2019
Sometimes, feel-good stories come with subtitles. Except, of course, for the fact that “Rock My Heart” is on Netflix. You can hear it in any language you desire, should the original German — with subtitles — be a turn off. … Continue reading
Yes, it’s the “Dracula” of young adult lit, adapted for the screen more times than “Spider-Man.” But Greta Gerwig rounded up an impressive cast for this latest take on Louisa May Alcott’s enduring classic. Saoirse and Laura Dern and that … Continue reading
A telling moment in “Bombshell,” the film account of the Fox News sexual harassment meltdown that took out founder Roger Ailes, star Bill O’Reilly and others, has rising star Megyn Kelly in the car, driving home through a toll booth … Continue reading