Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Beast (La Belva)" is the Italian "Taken"
- Movie Review: Survival isn't guaranteed on "Rust Creek"
- Netflixable? Ryan Phillipe takes "The 2nd" amendment seriously
- Netflixable? Polish teen is "Fierce (Jak Zostac Gwiazd)" singing in front of the star who doesn't know he's her Dad
- Netflixable? Frights come via phone in the Korean thriller "The Call"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? Filipino drama "Finding Agnes" is mopey and soapy
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 2, 2019
The sprints, hurtling through the crowded streets of Mexico City, are a matter of life and death. Sirens wailing, lights flashing, a paramedic bellowing over the megaphone, “Taxi, move MOVE” or “You idiot on the bicycle! GET ON THE SIDEWALK!” … Continue reading
Looking at the slate of films stretching out to the end of the year, this may be the last one I am dying to see. Interested in “Bombshell,” intrigued by what Clint will do with “Richard Jewell,” indifferent to “Cats” … Continue reading
“Anya” begins with a love story, and we don’t believe it for a second. Its moments of whimsy have a forced, static quality, and never feel anything but scripted, contrived and stiff. But taken as science fiction, which is what … Continue reading
Imagine a low-budget movie whose characters take “The Matrix” a little too seriously. They think we’re all living in “The Matrix,” a vast computer program that has just enough glitches in it to give us clues about what’s going on. … Continue reading
Variety has the news that a 1969 Harlem music festival, contemporaneous to Woodstock, will be the subject of this compilation doc and history lesson. Fresh live footage of Nina Simone and Sly and the Family Stone? I’m down. https://t.co/XZxuROwRIc https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1201516548692873216?s=20