Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: Ben Kingsley stars in "Spider in the Web"
- Movie Review -- "Impractical Jokers: The Movie"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Movie Review: Mrs. Maisel's Brosnahan heralds "Change in the Air"
- Netflixable? Another good B-movie from Mel, "Blood Father"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 4, 2019
Not everything is better in French, even though it sometimes feels that way in movies. “Let’s Dance” is a light, artsy and sweet French variation on “dance battle” genre, home to many “Step Up” installments, “You Got Served,” “Battle of … Continue reading
“I See You” is a thriller of urban legend topicality and Hitchcockian plot twists. Well-acted, cleverly-plotted and directed with extra attention being paid to tone, menace and hiding its secrets, the best word I can think of to describe it … Continue reading
Partly because he drives the most collectible Aston Martin on Earth. Looks pretty cool for an April thriller, launched to get an early jump on summer.
An accomplished cast, including William Hurt, Christopher Plummer, Ed Harris, Samuel L. Jackson and Sebastian Stan, impressive combat footage, a potentially compelling story? Too bad “Roadside Attractions” has“The Last Full Measure.”Nobody’ll see it when it comes out Jan. 24.
Movie Preview: Aussie film takes another look at its most famous outlaw, “True History of the Kelly Gang”
I’ve seen a couple of Ned Kelly biopics over the years. He’s generally portrayed as Australia’s Billy the Kid. A rebel, cunning, ruthless, celebrated, infamous. Here he’s starting “a revolution.” George MacKay is Kelly, with Russell Crowe, Charlie Hunnam and … Continue reading