Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Laughs are hard to find in this Spanish "Perfect Family (La familia perfecta)"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Rebel Wilson has her "Senior Year" moment
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? Poland's "The Getaway King (Najmro)" has style, wit and panache
- Netflixable? A Soapy Sex Triangle from India in shades of "Cobalt Blue"
- Movie Review: Chinese and in Japan? He'll never fit in without "Complicity"
- Netflixable? "40-Love" stumbles in love and laughs, if not tennis
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 5, 2019
Who says feel-good tear-jerkers can’t have a little edge? “Wish Man” may be the story of the Arizona police officer who founded theMake-a-Wish Foundation, the quintessence of “heartwarming” as subject matter. But it’s got violence, dirty cops and alcohol abuse, … Continue reading
Considering what they did to “Lion King” and “Aladdin,” let’s keep our expectations low. Looks pretty though. War, real spectacle. China will be pleased, and come next year, we might be too.
Here’s a well-intentioned World War I quickie designed to steal a smidgen of the thunder of the Oscar-contender, “1917,” which debuts Christmas Day in some of the country. “The Great War” is about racism in the segregated American Expeditionary Forces … Continue reading
Here’s a straight-up mob moll hides out with a hitman thriller, with a few Latin American twists. “En Brazos de un Asesino” (In the Arms of an Assassin) is a Dominican production, set in Mexico, about a young … Continue reading