Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? Millie Bobby Brown sleuths as "Enola Holmes"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- For the last time, Idris Elba sings
- Movie Review: The horrors of taking a "Shortcut," coming to a drive-in near you
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 5, 2019
Who says feel-good tear-jerkers can’t have a little edge? “Wish Man” may be the story of the Arizona police officer who founded theMake-a-Wish Foundation, the quintessence of “heartwarming” as subject matter. But it’s got violence, dirty cops and alcohol abuse, … Continue reading
Considering what they did to “Lion King” and “Aladdin,” let’s keep our expectations low. Looks pretty though. War, real spectacle. China will be pleased, and come next year, we might be too.
Here’s a well-intentioned World War I quickie designed to steal a smidgen of the thunder of the Oscar-contender, “1917,” which debuts Christmas Day in some of the country. “The Great War” is about racism in the segregated American Expeditionary Forces … Continue reading
Here’s a straight-up mob moll hides out with a hitman thriller, with a few Latin American twists. “En Brazos de un Asesino” (In the Arms of an Assassin) is a Dominican production, set in Mexico, about a young … Continue reading