Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: "Doctor" Downey can't breathe life into "Dolittle"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? No Wayans, no Sandler, but still "Bulletproof 2"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: "Bad Boys for Life"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- BOX OFFICE: "Bad Boys" still have it, "Dolittle" is dead already
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 5, 2019
Who says feel-good tear-jerkers can’t have a little edge? “Wish Man” may be the story of the Arizona police officer who founded theMake-a-Wish Foundation, the quintessence of “heartwarming” as subject matter. But it’s got violence, dirty cops and alcohol abuse, … Continue reading
Considering what they did to “Lion King” and “Aladdin,” let’s keep our expectations low. Looks pretty though. War, real spectacle. China will be pleased, and come next year, we might be too.
Here’s a well-intentioned World War I quickie designed to steal a smidgen of the thunder of the Oscar-contender, “1917,” which debuts Christmas Day in some of the country. “The Great War” is about racism in the segregated American Expeditionary Forces … Continue reading
Here’s a straight-up mob moll hides out with a hitman thriller, with a few Latin American twists. “En Brazos de un Asesino” (In the Arms of an Assassin) is a Dominican production, set in Mexico, about a young … Continue reading