Top Posts & Pages
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: Disney's "Raya and the Last Dragon" animates an Asia of myth
- Netflixable? "Crazy About Her (Loco por ella)"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 5, 2019
Who says feel-good tear-jerkers can’t have a little edge? “Wish Man” may be the story of the Arizona police officer who founded theMake-a-Wish Foundation, the quintessence of “heartwarming” as subject matter. But it’s got violence, dirty cops and alcohol abuse, … Continue reading
Considering what they did to “Lion King” and “Aladdin,” let’s keep our expectations low. Looks pretty though. War, real spectacle. China will be pleased, and come next year, we might be too.
Here’s a well-intentioned World War I quickie designed to steal a smidgen of the thunder of the Oscar-contender, “1917,” which debuts Christmas Day in some of the country. “The Great War” is about racism in the segregated American Expeditionary Forces … Continue reading
Here’s a straight-up mob moll hides out with a hitman thriller, with a few Latin American twists. “En Brazos de un Asesino” (In the Arms of an Assassin) is a Dominican production, set in Mexico, about a young … Continue reading