Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Movie Review: The Love of Two Women props up "The Laureate"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 6, 2019
A mousey, easily bullied and naive small town girl buys her first car thanks to her first job in the Big City — translator and tour guide. She gets scammed out of her Hyundai the day she picks it up. … Continue reading
She’s “an acclaimed reporter,” pregnant at 42 and desperate for a little weekend getaway on her birthday. He’s a younger musician, struggling to keep the dream alive a little longer with fatherhood bearing down on him. Rae (Suzanne Clément) has … Continue reading
Well deserved. A great actor and iconic screen presence. Great in Westerns, well-cast as cops, etc. in any tale set in the Desert Southwest or “The Nations,” criminally under-used in other films. I interviewed him when “Last of the Mohicans” … Continue reading
Faithwire, source of this story, would have you believe it’s an explosive “movement” that is convincing anti abortion conservatives to drop Netflix, Hulu, Disney Plus etc The numbers are laughably low to be making that claim. But it’ll be interesting … Continue reading
Preview, So how down and dirty will “The Quiet One,” the doc about Rolling Stone bassist and cradle robber Bill Wyman, get?
He took notes, photographed and documented the band’s Iives and their career together. June 21, we see what he saw.