Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Preview: Shia wears his Sunglasses at night as "The Tax Collector"
- Movie Review: A Rideshare Live-streaming Nightmare, "Spree"
- Movie Review: Another Ayer ride-along, this time with "The Tax Collector"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 30, 2019
In a previous life in newspapering, I’d often profile stand-up comics, sometimes hanging out with them between sets at a local club. They’d give ruthless, off-the-record play-by-play commentary on the other comics as they went through their routines. And when … Continue reading
Actually, $17 means The Beatles musical outperformed projections, which had it only scaring up $14 million on its opening weekend. No “Lonely Hearts Club Band” laments for that one, indifferent reviews or not. “Annabelle Comes Home” hit its mark of … Continue reading
An Oscar winner is protesting big oil’s involvement with Britain’s most esteemed theatre company. He doesn’t just play men of principle on stage and screen. https://t.co/KNjIydsMw7
The trailwrs to this one have delighted from the first, which aired during the Super Bowl? Am I remembering that right? They changed their release date, moving into Jason Statham Territory — August, shark movie season. Still looks like fun.