Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Taiwanese mother considers whether to "Reclaim" the life she's given up for others
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: An Indian Village goes French New Wave, "Adieu, Godard"
- Movie Review: Replacing your own septic? Plan on "Digging to Death"
- That weird Golden Oldie tucked into "The Gray Man" -- "Silver Bird"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- "Top Gun: Maverick" comes back to the biggest IMAX (and mini max) screens this weekend
- Movie Review: Ron Howard's "Thirteen Lives" celebrates 5,000 heroes
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 30, 2019
In a previous life in newspapering, I’d often profile stand-up comics, sometimes hanging out with them between sets at a local club. They’d give ruthless, off-the-record play-by-play commentary on the other comics as they went through their routines. And when … Continue reading
Actually, $17 means The Beatles musical outperformed projections, which had it only scaring up $14 million on its opening weekend. No “Lonely Hearts Club Band” laments for that one, indifferent reviews or not. “Annabelle Comes Home” hit its mark of … Continue reading
An Oscar winner is protesting big oil’s involvement with Britain’s most esteemed theatre company. He doesn’t just play men of principle on stage and screen. https://t.co/KNjIydsMw7
The trailwrs to this one have delighted from the first, which aired during the Super Bowl? Am I remembering that right? They changed their release date, moving into Jason Statham Territory — August, shark movie season. Still looks like fun.