Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Bingworthy? Anya Taylor-Joy looks for checkmate in "The Queen's Gambit"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 20, 2019
Thomas Haden Church also stars. None of them have Downs Syndrome, so this “Huck Finn Meets Rain Man” road picture Odyssey has an “introducing Zack Gottsagen” co-star. Looks adorbs. August. Roadside Attractions has “The Peanut Butter Falcon” so nobody will … Continue reading
The sky seems to be the limit for the latest sequel to roll into cinemas this summer. Disney/Pixar’s “Toy Story” appeared to bow out, gracefully and quite profitably, a few years back with “Toy Story 3.” It earned more than … Continue reading
Why wasn’t “Anna” shelved? Luc Besson, the great French action auteur, has long had one of those creepy whispered-about reps. He was married to Milla Jovovich for a bit, often built his thrillers around barely-age-of-consent actresses (“Leon: The Professional” sexualized … Continue reading
Jaqueline Fleming can handle fight choreography. The low-budget thriller “Atone” proves that. She should be able to assemble a fine audition reel of her sweep kicks, flips (while firing a gun) and cartwheels while battling her way through bad guys … Continue reading
And it isn’t just Miley Cyrus who says so, either. This mobster with amnesia thriller is earning late August (dumping ground) release. But we’ll see.
Anthony Anderson shakes off the cobwebs of sitcom acting and goes back to the hip hop hustling of “Hustle & Flow” for “Beats,” a rock-solid Netflix original set on the meanest streets of Chicago. That would be Roseland, where gunfire … Continue reading
I don’t know. But the world survived “Secret Life of Pets 2” so maybe this will surprise. Anna K. and JTimberlake are back. More singing trolls.
“The Dead Don’t Die” is a slow-motion disaster about a slow-motion disaster. It’s about a zombie infestation that slowly–oh-so-slowly–devours a town, and the ineffectually slow response of those charged with stopping it. Yes, Jim Jarmusch is attempting a commentary on … Continue reading