Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Netflixable? "Confessions of an Invisible Girl" include Brazilians and waxing
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 7, 2019
“The Last Summer” is a wafer-thin Netflix teen romance starring a Kiwi (New Zealander) leading lady, an Australian leading man, a tale set in Chicago but shot (mostly) in Cleveland. So kind of fake feeling? Sure. Cluttered with too many … Continue reading
My review of “Always be My Maybe” was an endorsement. Far from a rave. I get why it has some buzz beyond Netflix. It’s flip and mildly amusing, a formula rom com with an Asian cast, which is inclusive and … Continue reading
Granted, it I’ll be on Roku, so that’s a of catch. But BFI just gave us another reason to cut the cable cord. https://t.co/LBZqs55IZ2 https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1136577813891473409?s=17
Yes, Woody can still work…in Spain. With contrarian Christoph Waltz. But others casting him in movies? Not happening. For a variety of reasons. https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/features/john-turturro-interview-gloria-bell-woody-allen-going-place-the-big-lebowski-a8946846.html?amp
The movie star saunters up to the young lady who decides who gets in and who doesn’t at the newly re-opened bar, Chelsea Landing. “Eric Roberts,” he says. “I’m on the list.” “You’re not Eric. I know Eric. He’s taller. … Continue reading
Jean Reno’s Leon may not have lived through being “The Professional,” but that doesn’t mean he’s not up to playing hit men into his dotage. “Cold Blood” parks him in the snowy wilderness, suddenly visited by Sarah Lind, when he … Continue reading
Variety and The Hollywood Reporter have had stories this week about how Disney/Fox are tamping down expectations for this, the last X Men movie we’re likely to see for a while. Will It do $60? $50? $40s? Box office Mojo … Continue reading