Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Bingworthy? Anya Taylor-Joy looks for checkmate in "The Queen's Gambit"
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 7, 2019
“The Last Summer” is a wafer-thin Netflix teen romance starring a Kiwi (New Zealander) leading lady, an Australian leading man, a tale set in Chicago but shot (mostly) in Cleveland. So kind of fake feeling? Sure. Cluttered with too many … Continue reading
My review of “Always be My Maybe” was an endorsement. Far from a rave. I get why it has some buzz beyond Netflix. It’s flip and mildly amusing, a formula rom com with an Asian cast, which is inclusive and … Continue reading
Granted, it I’ll be on Roku, so that’s a of catch. But BFI just gave us another reason to cut the cable cord. https://t.co/LBZqs55IZ2 https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1136577813891473409?s=17
Yes, Woody can still work…in Spain. With contrarian Christoph Waltz. But others casting him in movies? Not happening. For a variety of reasons. https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/features/john-turturro-interview-gloria-bell-woody-allen-going-place-the-big-lebowski-a8946846.html?amp
The movie star saunters up to the young lady who decides who gets in and who doesn’t at the newly re-opened bar, Chelsea Landing. “Eric Roberts,” he says. “I’m on the list.” “You’re not Eric. I know Eric. He’s taller. … Continue reading
Jean Reno’s Leon may not have lived through being “The Professional,” but that doesn’t mean he’s not up to playing hit men into his dotage. “Cold Blood” parks him in the snowy wilderness, suddenly visited by Sarah Lind, when he … Continue reading
Variety and The Hollywood Reporter have had stories this week about how Disney/Fox are tamping down expectations for this, the last X Men movie we’re likely to see for a while. Will It do $60? $50? $40s? Box office Mojo … Continue reading