Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: "Incitement" condemns those who inspire an assassin
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: The Future is bleak, the end is nigh in Swedish sci-fi "Aniara"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Movie Review: A garbage man "on the spectrum" goes to "A Dark Place" hunting a murderer
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? "Wish Man" tells the story of the cop who started "Make-a-Wish"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 3, 2019
Preview, It’s not just Katy Perry who can provide proof that Orlando Bloom isn’t dead — “Carnival Row”
Amazon prime time for Mr. Bloom
Yes, the X-Men get into “Game of Thrones” casting (Who isn’t?) with this franchise wrap-up, or pause or whatever Disney decides to do with it now that it owns Fox. “Dark Phoenix” opens Thursday night, and I think the embargo … Continue reading
The director of the best of the Lance Armstrong documentaries is behind “Maiden,” which is about an all-female crew taking on one of the world’s great oceanic sailboat races, the Whitbread Around the World race back in 1989. Get your … Continue reading
Here’s a kids-save-the-world action — um, comedy? — from McG that plays like sci-fi that just got its training wheels off. “Rim of the World” puts a quartet of summer “adventure” camp wiseacres between us and alien invasion-driven extinction. Sure, … Continue reading
With the theatrical studios generally unable to find their way through budget bloat and “star-vehicle” burdens to deliver light, frothy romantic comedies, Netflix has found itself a niche that it can have almost all to itself. “The Set Up” announced … Continue reading
Yeah, the droll playwright/character actor Tracy Letts gets the deadpan laughs here. “Ford v Ferrari” is about the ’60s and the efforts of Ford to muscle its way into the winner’s circle at LeMans. It. Looks. Epic. And. Sounds. Epic. … Continue reading