Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Horror comes to a troubled couple as they "Shelter in Place" in the Roosevelt Hotel
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 27, 2019
“The Queen” is a fascinating film artifact, newly restored and re-issued this Pride Month to remind us how far the culture has come in the past 50 years. Here’s a drag queen culture documentary that predates the also-restored and re-released … Continue reading
“Walking on Water” begins with old man in his studio, sketching with charcoal, drawing, painting and gluing together a piece of art that he promptly hangs on a wall when he finishes. It is the artist in action. Ah, but … Continue reading
Preview, “Midway” takes another shot at recreating America’s greatest naval victory on the big screen
Looks very…digital. Impressive, but digital. A Jonas Brother is in the cast, and Patrick Wilson and Ed Skrein, Aaron Eckhart and Luke Evans are, too. “Midway” opens Nov. 8.
Lest we forget that Idris sings, there’s this news. Via Entertainment Weekly https://t.co/xr2tb1gmzO https://twitter.com/EW/status/1144218085647368192?s=17
“Spider-Man: Far from Home” is so cute you want to pinch its cheeks and remind it to wear sunscreen before it goes out to play. It’s a super-hero movie slapped on top of a teens-take-a-trip-abroad comedy, fizzy and funny and … Continue reading