Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Netflixable? "Sightless" and paranoid -- maybe with good reason
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Movie Review: Suffering from Amnesia, trying to rebuild the last "32 Weeks"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 27, 2019
“The Queen” is a fascinating film artifact, newly restored and re-issued this Pride Month to remind us how far the culture has come in the past 50 years. Here’s a drag queen culture documentary that predates the also-restored and re-released … Continue reading
“Walking on Water” begins with old man in his studio, sketching with charcoal, drawing, painting and gluing together a piece of art that he promptly hangs on a wall when he finishes. It is the artist in action. Ah, but … Continue reading
Preview, “Midway” takes another shot at recreating America’s greatest naval victory on the big screen
Looks very…digital. Impressive, but digital. A Jonas Brother is in the cast, and Patrick Wilson and Ed Skrein, Aaron Eckhart and Luke Evans are, too. “Midway” opens Nov. 8.
Lest we forget that Idris sings, there’s this news. Via Entertainment Weekly https://t.co/xr2tb1gmzO https://twitter.com/EW/status/1144218085647368192?s=17
“Spider-Man: Far from Home” is so cute you want to pinch its cheeks and remind it to wear sunscreen before it goes out to play. It’s a super-hero movie slapped on top of a teens-take-a-trip-abroad comedy, fizzy and funny and … Continue reading