Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? "Sightless" and paranoid -- maybe with good reason
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Movie Review: Suffering from Amnesia, trying to rebuild the last "32 Weeks"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 18, 2019
The performances anchoring “American Woman” are some of the finest screen acting we’ll see this year. Sienna Miller and Christina Hendricks play sisters with all the lived-in love and knowing-which-buttons-to-punch of the real thing. Amy Madigan slips into the role … Continue reading
The strangers are drawn to the old movie house with Rialto on its marquee. Maybe the title listed up there grabs them — “”Mashit: With Father Benedict Abuelo,” “Dead,” or more invitingly — “Nightmare Cinema.” Each of the five takes … Continue reading