Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Horror comes to a troubled couple as they "Shelter in Place" in the Roosevelt Hotel
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 18, 2019
The performances anchoring “American Woman” are some of the finest screen acting we’ll see this year. Sienna Miller and Christina Hendricks play sisters with all the lived-in love and knowing-which-buttons-to-punch of the real thing. Amy Madigan slips into the role … Continue reading
The strangers are drawn to the old movie house with Rialto on its marquee. Maybe the title listed up there grabs them — “”Mashit: With Father Benedict Abuelo,” “Dead,” or more invitingly — “Nightmare Cinema.” Each of the five takes … Continue reading