Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Preview: Shia wears his Sunglasses at night as "The Tax Collector"
- Movie Review: Another Ayer ride-along, this time with "The Tax Collector"
- Movie Review: A Rideshare Live-streaming Nightmare, "Spree"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 18, 2019
The performances anchoring “American Woman” are some of the finest screen acting we’ll see this year. Sienna Miller and Christina Hendricks play sisters with all the lived-in love and knowing-which-buttons-to-punch of the real thing. Amy Madigan slips into the role … Continue reading
The strangers are drawn to the old movie house with Rialto on its marquee. Maybe the title listed up there grabs them — “”Mashit: With Father Benedict Abuelo,” “Dead,” or more invitingly — “Nightmare Cinema.” Each of the five takes … Continue reading