Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Ben Kingsley stars in "Spider in the Web"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
- Netflixable? Even Canada has its gun nut survivalists, prepping for "The Decline"
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Netflixable? "Awake" is a thriller that snoozes too long for its own good
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 18, 2019
The performances anchoring “American Woman” are some of the finest screen acting we’ll see this year. Sienna Miller and Christina Hendricks play sisters with all the lived-in love and knowing-which-buttons-to-punch of the real thing. Amy Madigan slips into the role … Continue reading
The strangers are drawn to the old movie house with Rialto on its marquee. Maybe the title listed up there grabs them — “”Mashit: With Father Benedict Abuelo,” “Dead,” or more invitingly — “Nightmare Cinema.” Each of the five takes … Continue reading