Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Landmark Film Review: "The Killing Floor," a classic of Labor and African American cinema, newly restored
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 9, 2019
Preview, Do-gooder Michelle Williams hits Julianne Moore up for a bunch of money “After the Wedding”
Williams is an aid worker dedicating her life to orphans in India. Moore is rich. Billy Crudup plays Moore’s artist-husband, a guy who has…a secret.
BOX OFFICE: “Dark Phoenix” doth not rise, “Secret Life of Pets”$47, “Godzilla” drowns, “Rocketman” won’t be here a “long long time”
It’s always interesting perusing the deep chart that Box Office Mojo updates daily, to see who’s making a mark and who isn’t being allowed to. “Dark Phoenix” seemed doomed from the start, a movie made in the middle of Disney’s … Continue reading
Not that Trump cares about Hollywood, but this is what the US studios have been hedging against for the past decade or so. If they don’t make a mint off “Crazy Rich Asians and its ilk, China will. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/06/09/chinese-cinema-eclipses-us-box-office-hollywood-films-suffer/amp/
I’ve often wondered about this, long before #metoo made us question the comfort level actors, all the way down to nude extras and bit players, have with this work. Many a review I’ve written has included a shot at pointless … Continue reading
Bill & Ted 3 (@BillandTed3) Tweeted: Bill & Ted Day has arrived. PARTY ON, DUDES! https://t.co/27BJmzrds8 #BillandTed #BillandTedDay https://t.co/kAdjz1BPqT https://twitter.com/BillandTed3/status/1137615410612842496?s=17
Slight, dark, daft and right on the edge of “twee,” “Say My Name” takes a demand uttered in a moment of passion, an unusual setting and a long night of missed communications, misunderstandings, unlikely escapes and violence and turns it … Continue reading
Jeffrey Katzenberg is behind Quibi, and nothing doubles down on “This guy has been ahead of the curve before” more than signing Soderbergh. Short films piece together into a feature? Sounds like the old serials, or the shortest episodes ever … Continue reading