Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Preview: A lot of stars swirl down the drain of "American Night"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Classic Film Review: Sentimental, with an Edge -- "The Olive Trees of Justice" (1962) takes us back to Algeria just before Independence
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 9, 2019
Preview, Do-gooder Michelle Williams hits Julianne Moore up for a bunch of money “After the Wedding”
Williams is an aid worker dedicating her life to orphans in India. Moore is rich. Billy Crudup plays Moore’s artist-husband, a guy who has…a secret.
BOX OFFICE: “Dark Phoenix” doth not rise, “Secret Life of Pets”$47, “Godzilla” drowns, “Rocketman” won’t be here a “long long time”
It’s always interesting perusing the deep chart that Box Office Mojo updates daily, to see who’s making a mark and who isn’t being allowed to. “Dark Phoenix” seemed doomed from the start, a movie made in the middle of Disney’s … Continue reading
Not that Trump cares about Hollywood, but this is what the US studios have been hedging against for the past decade or so. If they don’t make a mint off “Crazy Rich Asians and its ilk, China will. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/06/09/chinese-cinema-eclipses-us-box-office-hollywood-films-suffer/amp/
I’ve often wondered about this, long before #metoo made us question the comfort level actors, all the way down to nude extras and bit players, have with this work. Many a review I’ve written has included a shot at pointless … Continue reading
Bill & Ted 3 (@BillandTed3) Tweeted: Bill & Ted Day has arrived. PARTY ON, DUDES! https://t.co/27BJmzrds8 #BillandTed #BillandTedDay https://t.co/kAdjz1BPqT https://twitter.com/BillandTed3/status/1137615410612842496?s=17
Slight, dark, daft and right on the edge of “twee,” “Say My Name” takes a demand uttered in a moment of passion, an unusual setting and a long night of missed communications, misunderstandings, unlikely escapes and violence and turns it … Continue reading
Jeffrey Katzenberg is behind Quibi, and nothing doubles down on “This guy has been ahead of the curve before” more than signing Soderbergh. Short films piece together into a feature? Sounds like the old serials, or the shortest episodes ever … Continue reading