Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Bingworthy? Anya Taylor-Joy looks for checkmate in "The Queen's Gambit"
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 9, 2019
Preview, Do-gooder Michelle Williams hits Julianne Moore up for a bunch of money “After the Wedding”
Williams is an aid worker dedicating her life to orphans in India. Moore is rich. Billy Crudup plays Moore’s artist-husband, a guy who has…a secret.
BOX OFFICE: “Dark Phoenix” doth not rise, “Secret Life of Pets”$47, “Godzilla” drowns, “Rocketman” won’t be here a “long long time”
It’s always interesting perusing the deep chart that Box Office Mojo updates daily, to see who’s making a mark and who isn’t being allowed to. “Dark Phoenix” seemed doomed from the start, a movie made in the middle of Disney’s … Continue reading
Not that Trump cares about Hollywood, but this is what the US studios have been hedging against for the past decade or so. If they don’t make a mint off “Crazy Rich Asians and its ilk, China will. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/06/09/chinese-cinema-eclipses-us-box-office-hollywood-films-suffer/amp/
I’ve often wondered about this, long before #metoo made us question the comfort level actors, all the way down to nude extras and bit players, have with this work. Many a review I’ve written has included a shot at pointless … Continue reading
Bill & Ted 3 (@BillandTed3) Tweeted: Bill & Ted Day has arrived. PARTY ON, DUDES! https://t.co/27BJmzrds8 #BillandTed #BillandTedDay https://t.co/kAdjz1BPqT https://twitter.com/BillandTed3/status/1137615410612842496?s=17
Slight, dark, daft and right on the edge of “twee,” “Say My Name” takes a demand uttered in a moment of passion, an unusual setting and a long night of missed communications, misunderstandings, unlikely escapes and violence and turns it … Continue reading
Jeffrey Katzenberg is behind Quibi, and nothing doubles down on “This guy has been ahead of the curve before” more than signing Soderbergh. Short films piece together into a feature? Sounds like the old serials, or the shortest episodes ever … Continue reading