Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Bingworthy? Anya Taylor-Joy looks for checkmate in "The Queen's Gambit"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 15, 2019
“Murder Mystery” is a comedy as inventive as its name, as witty as Adam Sandler‘s mustache and a darned good use of Netflix’s billions. Send the Sandman and Jennifer Aniston to Monaco and Italy for a wacky riff on Agatha … Continue reading
It was a radio interview in the mid-1960s, and The Rolling Stones, in the blur of their first rush of fame were asked, “What was it like the first time you were ‘mobbed?’” We hear voices murmuring, and Mick Jagger … Continue reading
Franco Zeffirelli did the 1968 “hippy opera” “Romeo & Juliet,” shot in his native Italy, one of the more lavish Shakespeare adaptations to hit the screen. He was a lovely stylist who directed operas and lush operatic movies, the best … Continue reading
It’s been labeled “Sequelitis,” but the rot extends far beyond a glib description of what part of America’s most lucrative export has become — mass production mediocrity, lacking innovation, consumed with recycling what’s worked before. “Men in Black” was played … Continue reading
Mindy Kaling‘s “Late Night” is more woke than funny, but still an interesting not-quite-deep dive into the nuts and bolts of late night TV. It’s proof that if the Great Emma Thompson could not save “Men in Black: International,” she … Continue reading