Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Horror comes to a troubled couple as they "Shelter in Place" in the Roosevelt Hotel
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 28, 2019
Thrillers are a genre best served in the fall. A very British mystery thriller, with a cast experienced enough to know how to do it properly. Ian McKellen’s “Gods and Monsters” and “Mr. Holmes” director Bill Condon was behind the … Continue reading
“Riverdale” star Camila Mendes shares the screen with Adriana Barraza, a screen veteran best known north of the border for her role in Sam Raimi’s “Drag Me to Hell.” “Coyote Lake” hits theaters Aug. 2.
We’re dropped into a fouler-than-foul-mouthed shouting match in the parking lot at school, teenage girls unloading a Marine platoon’s worth of threats and profanity at each other. That leads to a shocking brawl, followed by a celebratory light-up and … Continue reading
Three buddies sit by a campfire, swapping riffs on Genesis — the band, not the book in the Bible — Joe Namath vs. Joe Montana and donut “hole” vs. donut “whole.” The next morning, none of those debates are resolved. … Continue reading
A tougher trio? “Run” by Elizabeth Banks as “Bosley?” Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott and Ella Balinska are the “Angels.” With Patrick Stewart and Djimon Housou. November.
He’s got nine women hitting him with #MeToo allegations, including one who accused him of drugging and raping her. But it’s his record at the box office that is ending Luc Besson’s reign as the King of Euro Action Cinema. … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: How far will ‘Toy Story 4’ fall on its second weekend? Will ‘Annabelle’ eat Chucky’s lunch?
And will audiences long for”Yesterday?” Those are the questions to be answered by this time on Sunday. “Toy Story” movies historically lose under 50% of their opening weekend audience on their second weekend. So even though Pixar’s latest underperformed against … Continue reading