Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Ben Kingsley stars in "Spider in the Web"
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? Even Canada has its gun nut survivalists, prepping for "The Decline"
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Movie Review: Mrs. Maisel's Brosnahan heralds "Change in the Air"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 28, 2019
Thrillers are a genre best served in the fall. A very British mystery thriller, with a cast experienced enough to know how to do it properly. Ian McKellen’s “Gods and Monsters” and “Mr. Holmes” director Bill Condon was behind the … Continue reading
“Riverdale” star Camila Mendes shares the screen with Adriana Barraza, a screen veteran best known north of the border for her role in Sam Raimi’s “Drag Me to Hell.” “Coyote Lake” hits theaters Aug. 2.
We’re dropped into a fouler-than-foul-mouthed shouting match in the parking lot at school, teenage girls unloading a Marine platoon’s worth of threats and profanity at each other. That leads to a shocking brawl, followed by a celebratory light-up and … Continue reading
Three buddies sit by a campfire, swapping riffs on Genesis — the band, not the book in the Bible — Joe Namath vs. Joe Montana and donut “hole” vs. donut “whole.” The next morning, none of those debates are resolved. … Continue reading
A tougher trio? “Run” by Elizabeth Banks as “Bosley?” Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott and Ella Balinska are the “Angels.” With Patrick Stewart and Djimon Housou. November.
He’s got nine women hitting him with #MeToo allegations, including one who accused him of drugging and raping her. But it’s his record at the box office that is ending Luc Besson’s reign as the King of Euro Action Cinema. … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: How far will ‘Toy Story 4’ fall on its second weekend? Will ‘Annabelle’ eat Chucky’s lunch?
And will audiences long for”Yesterday?” Those are the questions to be answered by this time on Sunday. “Toy Story” movies historically lose under 50% of their opening weekend audience on their second weekend. So even though Pixar’s latest underperformed against … Continue reading