Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Classic Film Review: Renoir's "The Southerner (1945)"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Preview: Is "Therapy Dogs" "the last high school movie?"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 17, 2019
There are more promising — if conventional — directions to take “The Perfection,” a horror tale that twists back on itself so often that the gimmick gives away the game and spoils the fun. Director and co-writer Richard Shepard did … Continue reading
Samara Weaving stars in this late-August dark comedy, the bride marrying into a family of board game moguls, forced to play this game-of-your-life (crossbows) version of “Hide and Seek,” “Ready or Not” here I come. Oh yeah, this is redband. … Continue reading
Richard T. Jones is a marvelous character actor of long standing. You have seen him most recently in TV series, from “Hawaii Five-O” (he was the governor, early on) to “Teachers” and the still-running “The Rookie.” He brings his easy … Continue reading
From the first, Toni Morrison had endure attempts to “ghetto-ize” her fiction, books about the African American experience — from slavery to the trials of African American girl and womanhood, then and now. Even “sympathetic liberal reviews” from the likes … Continue reading
Here they are, Spielberg’s dancing miscreants, from Fox.
Egomaniac and Little Man in a Box are back. Or will be when “”The Trip to Greece” is in the can. What WILL they drive through the birth place of Western Civilization? https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/15/rob-brydon-steve-coogan-back-old-ways-filming-begins-trip-greece-9968922/