Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Ben Kingsley stars in "Spider in the Web"
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? Even Canada has its gun nut survivalists, prepping for "The Decline"
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Netflixable? "Awake" is a thriller that snoozes too long for its own good
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 29, 2019
There’s not a lot of novelty to the “angry kid masters battle rap” formula. But give the rappers British street accents, dropping consonants like they drop rhymes, and you’ve got something worth hearing out. Even if, you know, you have … Continue reading
The first cool image of “Cold Blood” comes after “the girl” has had her snowmobile accident, after she’s crawled, battered and bleeding-out, towards a remote cabin. Feet come up to her, and from her point of view, looking up from … Continue reading
Interesting. “Free” is always better than paid subscriptions, but some streamers are looking for a ot business models for delivering video content. From The LA Times The online video giant is pivoting away from the subscription streaming marketplace. https://t.co/vtic4c9VEh https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1144985138079698945?s=17
The continued demand for “Toy Story 4” seems strong enough, until you compare it to other “Toy Story” movies and Pixar releases in general. A $120 million opening that was well below projections is followed by a $53-57 million second … Continue reading