Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Bingworthy? Anya Taylor-Joy looks for checkmate in "The Queen's Gambit"
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 24, 2019
There’s no mistaking that sound, the crisp tone, “clear as a photograph,” the super-human range and otherworldly musicality that could be no one but Luciano Pavarotti. Seeing him in concert or in an opera could be, even for a casual … Continue reading
They used to call Hitchcock “The Master of Suspense.” Gary Dauberman is no Alfred Hitchcock. Not yet. But the directing debut of the fellow who’s been conjuring these haunted doll “Annabelle” movies makes his directing debut in a stylish and … Continue reading
“Running” has precious little to do with “Running for Grace.” It’s a slow, old-fashioned romance without much in the way of romantic spark, and a coming of age tale that takes its sweet time getting around to that maturity. The … Continue reading
James Bonds most badassed Moneypenny is paired up with a “Fast and Furious” veteran for this cop thriller. She plays a Detroit cop who stumvles into fellow Blue Lives killing a drug dealer they were in business with. The chase … Continue reading
The buzz is that A24 has itself the scariest movie of the summer. Early summer, late summer or…”MIDsommar.” A little “Season of the Witch” with cultish Swedes (Hey Bergman died, ABBA got old and SAAB stopped making cars — they’ve … Continue reading
Not my favorite Miyazaki, but a fun fact…noted by Variety “China Box Office: ‘Toy Story 4’ Beaten by Old Animated Film ‘Spirited Away’” https://t.co/Pld48hFiep https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1143097958780604417?s=17