Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Taiwanese mother considers whether to "Reclaim" the life she's given up for others
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: An Indian Village goes French New Wave, "Adieu, Godard"
- Movie Review: Replacing your own septic? Plan on "Digging to Death"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- That weird Golden Oldie tucked into "The Gray Man" -- "Silver Bird"
- "Top Gun: Maverick" comes back to the biggest IMAX (and mini max) screens this weekend
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Ron Howard's "Thirteen Lives" celebrates 5,000 heroes
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 13, 2019
The major thematic thread that ties all the “Toy Story” movies together is “a toy’s noblest purpose,” to entertain, teach and belong to a child. That fits neatly in the Disney and Disney/Pixar cartoon continuum, that an animated children’s film’s … Continue reading
He likes the way she shops. Something about the items the stranger picks up at the supermarket, the care she seems to take, the fact that she pays with cash convinces Ed to compliment Ronnie. “Strategic,” he says of her … Continue reading
Back in the heyday of “blaxploitation” cinema, the men were men — laws unto themselves, righting social, racial and criminal wrongs with their fists and guns. Women were, well, objects of desire — conquests, helpless in the smouldering gaze of … Continue reading