Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? The Mysterious quiet of "El Silencio es Bienvenido"
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: Rom-com "Surprise Me!" is not what one expects
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- General Bonner Fellers, the "hero" of the WWII drama "Emperor"?
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 13, 2019
The major thematic thread that ties all the “Toy Story” movies together is “a toy’s noblest purpose,” to entertain, teach and belong to a child. That fits neatly in the Disney and Disney/Pixar cartoon continuum, that an animated children’s film’s … Continue reading
He likes the way she shops. Something about the items the stranger picks up at the supermarket, the care she seems to take, the fact that she pays with cash convinces Ed to compliment Ronnie. “Strategic,” he says of her … Continue reading
Back in the heyday of “blaxploitation” cinema, the men were men — laws unto themselves, righting social, racial and criminal wrongs with their fists and guns. Women were, well, objects of desire — conquests, helpless in the smouldering gaze of … Continue reading