Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: "Doctor" Downey can't breathe life into "Dolittle"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Netflixable? No Wayans, no Sandler, but still "Bulletproof 2"
- Netflixable? "Wish Man" tells the story of the cop who started "Make-a-Wish"
- Netflixable? The Internet sex trade comes a little too easily to this "Jezebel"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Movie Review: Clint Eastwood's version of the tragedy of "Richard Jewell"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 13, 2019
The major thematic thread that ties all the “Toy Story” movies together is “a toy’s noblest purpose,” to entertain, teach and belong to a child. That fits neatly in the Disney and Disney/Pixar cartoon continuum, that an animated children’s film’s … Continue reading
He likes the way she shops. Something about the items the stranger picks up at the supermarket, the care she seems to take, the fact that she pays with cash convinces Ed to compliment Ronnie. “Strategic,” he says of her … Continue reading
Back in the heyday of “blaxploitation” cinema, the men were men — laws unto themselves, righting social, racial and criminal wrongs with their fists and guns. Women were, well, objects of desire — conquests, helpless in the smouldering gaze of … Continue reading