Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Netflixable? "Confessions of an Invisible Girl" include Brazilians and waxing
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 13, 2019
The major thematic thread that ties all the “Toy Story” movies together is “a toy’s noblest purpose,” to entertain, teach and belong to a child. That fits neatly in the Disney and Disney/Pixar cartoon continuum, that an animated children’s film’s … Continue reading
He likes the way she shops. Something about the items the stranger picks up at the supermarket, the care she seems to take, the fact that she pays with cash convinces Ed to compliment Ronnie. “Strategic,” he says of her … Continue reading
Back in the heyday of “blaxploitation” cinema, the men were men — laws unto themselves, righting social, racial and criminal wrongs with their fists and guns. Women were, well, objects of desire — conquests, helpless in the smouldering gaze of … Continue reading