Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Preview: Shia wears his Sunglasses at night as "The Tax Collector"
- Movie Review: A Rideshare Live-streaming Nightmare, "Spree"
- Movie Review: Another Ayer ride-along, this time with "The Tax Collector"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 22, 2019
A kidnapping’s viral infection of an extended family through its intertwined history, gossip and the secrets “Everybody Knows” is the focus of Iranian filmmaker Asghar Farhadi’s latest drama. It’s an intimate melodrama of tightly wound performances depicting conflicted relationships between … Continue reading
An old guys” action comedy, this one has the “Is Netflix making this?”feel. Older audiences haven’t been showing up for these guys in so called “geezer comedies.” Via The Hollywood Reporter “The action comedy ‘The Comeback Trail’ – starring #RobertDeNiro, … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: ‘Toy Story 4’ having good, but not Earth shattering opening, “Child’s Play” also underwhelming
Heady projections from Variety, The Hollywood Reporter and even Disney itself that “Toy Story 4” would rewrite the animated movie opening weekend records appear to have been exaggerated. “Blowing away the ‘Incredibles 2’ opening weekend record” is all but gone … Continue reading