Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: "Incitement" condemns those who inspire an assassin
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Movie Review: The Future is bleak, the end is nigh in Swedish sci-fi "Aniara"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Movie Review: A garbage man "on the spectrum" goes to "A Dark Place" hunting a murderer
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? "Wish Man" tells the story of the cop who started "Make-a-Wish"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 19, 2019
It’s been a long dry spell since I’ve seen one that scared me. That didn’t have Dane Cook in it, anyway. But we’ll see what Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson get the big bucks for. We will.
Here’s a sweet, slight little samosa of a Euro-Indian comedy, a tale that’s a little bit topical, a tad picaresque, with just a hint of Bollywood thrown in spice. “The Extraordinary Journey of the Fakir” takes a poor Indian boy … Continue reading
Grimes plays a guy who thinks he’s left his criminal past behind, only to have that scary damned Frank Grillo show up for pay back. James Badge Dale also stars in “Into the Ashes,” which opens July 19.
In the movie business, you can either wait for a break, to be “discovered,” or you make your own. So congratulations for Keith Sutliff for getting his own star vehicle, “The Refuge,” off the ground, in front of the camera … Continue reading