Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Preview: Shia wears his Sunglasses at night as "The Tax Collector"
- Movie Review: Another Ayer ride-along, this time with "The Tax Collector"
- Movie Review: A Rideshare Live-streaming Nightmare, "Spree"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 19, 2019
It’s been a long dry spell since I’ve seen one that scared me. That didn’t have Dane Cook in it, anyway. But we’ll see what Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson get the big bucks for. We will.
Here’s a sweet, slight little samosa of a Euro-Indian comedy, a tale that’s a little bit topical, a tad picaresque, with just a hint of Bollywood thrown in spice. “The Extraordinary Journey of the Fakir” takes a poor Indian boy … Continue reading
Grimes plays a guy who thinks he’s left his criminal past behind, only to have that scary damned Frank Grillo show up for pay back. James Badge Dale also stars in “Into the Ashes,” which opens July 19.
In the movie business, you can either wait for a break, to be “discovered,” or you make your own. So congratulations for Keith Sutliff for getting his own star vehicle, “The Refuge,” off the ground, in front of the camera … Continue reading