Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Bingworthy? Anya Taylor-Joy looks for checkmate in "The Queen's Gambit"
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 19, 2019
It’s been a long dry spell since I’ve seen one that scared me. That didn’t have Dane Cook in it, anyway. But we’ll see what Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson get the big bucks for. We will.
Here’s a sweet, slight little samosa of a Euro-Indian comedy, a tale that’s a little bit topical, a tad picaresque, with just a hint of Bollywood thrown in spice. “The Extraordinary Journey of the Fakir” takes a poor Indian boy … Continue reading
Grimes plays a guy who thinks he’s left his criminal past behind, only to have that scary damned Frank Grillo show up for pay back. James Badge Dale also stars in “Into the Ashes,” which opens July 19.
In the movie business, you can either wait for a break, to be “discovered,” or you make your own. So congratulations for Keith Sutliff for getting his own star vehicle, “The Refuge,” off the ground, in front of the camera … Continue reading