Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Horror comes to a troubled couple as they "Shelter in Place" in the Roosevelt Hotel
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 14, 2019
How do you make a Holocaust documentary that fails to move and struggles to connect on any level? As “Back to the Fatherland” ably illustrates, you start by stripping away most of the context. You make no effort to include … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: All is lost, as “Men in Black” and “Shaft” are set to underwhelm, “Late Night” goes wide
Strip away the run away hits of the summer — those pre-summer phenomena “Avengers: Endgame” and “Aladdin” — and it’s been a near disaster at the box office for any and all concerned. Another weekend, another rebooted franchise swings and … Continue reading
This couldn’t be “The Shining” sequel nobody really asked for, or could it? Horror editor turned director Mike Flanagan adapted Stephen King’s “Shining” and Ewan McGregor, Rebecca Ferguson, the old Overlook — haunted as hell, still — and a November … Continue reading