Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Next Screening? Santa David Harbour faces down Johnny Legs? "Violent Night"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: Brittany Snow and Justin Long spend "Christmas with the Campbells" in Ketchum
- General Bonner Fellers, the "hero" of the WWII drama "Emperor"?
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 14, 2019
How do you make a Holocaust documentary that fails to move and struggles to connect on any level? As “Back to the Fatherland” ably illustrates, you start by stripping away most of the context. You make no effort to include … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: All is lost, as “Men in Black” and “Shaft” are set to underwhelm, “Late Night” goes wide
Strip away the run away hits of the summer — those pre-summer phenomena “Avengers: Endgame” and “Aladdin” — and it’s been a near disaster at the box office for any and all concerned. Another weekend, another rebooted franchise swings and … Continue reading
This couldn’t be “The Shining” sequel nobody really asked for, or could it? Horror editor turned director Mike Flanagan adapted Stephen King’s “Shining” and Ewan McGregor, Rebecca Ferguson, the old Overlook — haunted as hell, still — and a November … Continue reading