Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Bingworthy? Anya Taylor-Joy looks for checkmate in "The Queen's Gambit"
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 14, 2019
How do you make a Holocaust documentary that fails to move and struggles to connect on any level? As “Back to the Fatherland” ably illustrates, you start by stripping away most of the context. You make no effort to include … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: All is lost, as “Men in Black” and “Shaft” are set to underwhelm, “Late Night” goes wide
Strip away the run away hits of the summer — those pre-summer phenomena “Avengers: Endgame” and “Aladdin” — and it’s been a near disaster at the box office for any and all concerned. Another weekend, another rebooted franchise swings and … Continue reading
This couldn’t be “The Shining” sequel nobody really asked for, or could it? Horror editor turned director Mike Flanagan adapted Stephen King’s “Shining” and Ewan McGregor, Rebecca Ferguson, the old Overlook — haunted as hell, still — and a November … Continue reading