Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "Photocopier" reminds us that in Indonesia and elsewhere, the Revolution will not be Televised
- Netflixable? "The Royal Treatment," a haircut with dull scissors
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 2, 2019
“Punk” wasn’t music solely confined to The West. It happened behind the Iron Curtain as well. As did its offspring, New Wave. Granted, it wasn’t always the loud, passionate and sometimes musically-inept thrashing punk of The Ramones and The Sex … Continue reading
Who better to do that? Interesting break down of the film’s version as opposed to what really happened. Lots of liberties taken, mistakes made. And typos in the article. It’s a pity none of us can afford a copy editor, … Continue reading
Not a runaway weekend at the box office, like say LAST weekend was, with “Aladdin” far exceeding depressed expectations and clearing over $100 million. “Godzilla: King of the Monsters” didn’t hit the predicted $65, $55 or $53 million it was … Continue reading
Very sad news out of Britain. Terry Jones, diagnosed with dementia some while back, is now reported to have lost his powers of speech to the disease. Jones was the quizzical, whimsical polymath of The Flying Circus, the Medievalist who … Continue reading