Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Documentary Review: A ski resort disaster dissected -- "Buried: The 1982 Alpine Meadows Avalanche"
- Movie Review: The Witch oh the witch oh the witches are back -- "Hocus Pocus 2"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
- Movie Review: A Farrelly Brother and Zac Efron set out on "The Greatest Beer Run Ever"
- Movie Review: Antonio Banderas classes up "The Enforcer"
- Movie Review: A Dystopian Future whose hopes hang on a "Vesper"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 4, 2019
This one didn’t involve Daniel Craig, but did include an explosion, a crew member injured and damage to a Pinewood Studios soundstage. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/bond-25-accident-leaves-crew-member-injured-pinewood-stage-damaged-1215578
It’s like that girlfriend or boyfriend who is too cute, too bubbly, and tries WAY too hard too much of the time. Adorable? Sure. A real net asset in your life, with more than a few fringe benefits. Maybe more … Continue reading
“The Highwaymen” is a sturdy, slow and stately Western about the hunt for Bonnie & Clyde and the two retired, out-of-date Texas Rangers who birddogged them through the Dust Bowl. It’s a picture that comes down squarely on the law’s … Continue reading
These are Governor’s Awards for creating bodies of work. The great Native American actor Wes Studi stands out for me. An iconic character actor and sometime leading man. Lynch and Wertmuller are distinct directing talents whose careers wound down in … Continue reading
Illumination fills these cartoons with funny people’s sometimes funny voices, some good sight gags, and then they hope for the best. Fingers crossed for this one, because the kids need some laughs after “Aladdin.” “The Secret Life of Pets 2” … Continue reading