Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Netflixable? "Sightless" and paranoid -- maybe with good reason
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: A son with few "Identifying Features" goes missing in the Borderlands in this haunting odyssey
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 4, 2019
This one didn’t involve Daniel Craig, but did include an explosion, a crew member injured and damage to a Pinewood Studios soundstage. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/bond-25-accident-leaves-crew-member-injured-pinewood-stage-damaged-1215578
It’s like that girlfriend or boyfriend who is too cute, too bubbly, and tries WAY too hard too much of the time. Adorable? Sure. A real net asset in your life, with more than a few fringe benefits. Maybe more … Continue reading
“The Highwaymen” is a sturdy, slow and stately Western about the hunt for Bonnie & Clyde and the two retired, out-of-date Texas Rangers who birddogged them through the Dust Bowl. It’s a picture that comes down squarely on the law’s … Continue reading
These are Governor’s Awards for creating bodies of work. The great Native American actor Wes Studi stands out for me. An iconic character actor and sometime leading man. Lynch and Wertmuller are distinct directing talents whose careers wound down in … Continue reading
Illumination fills these cartoons with funny people’s sometimes funny voices, some good sight gags, and then they hope for the best. Fingers crossed for this one, because the kids need some laughs after “Aladdin.” “The Secret Life of Pets 2” … Continue reading