Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Preview: Shia wears his Sunglasses at night as "The Tax Collector"
- Movie Review: Another Ayer ride-along, this time with "The Tax Collector"
- Movie Review: A Rideshare Live-streaming Nightmare, "Spree"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 10, 2019
This kid — and yes, he was a grown man when he tragically died, killed by a defective Jeep –was a sweetheart. Ask anybody who knew him or interviewed him. Which is why this trailer to the new doc about … Continue reading
Sometimes you wonder if Netflix even bothers watching all of the movies they write the checks for. I mean, there are thousands of titles, so I get it. But “Oh, Ramona!” makes you really…wonder. It’s sexist, vulgar and retrograde, a … Continue reading
Yes, this NSFW trailer is the one that almost sells this re-imagining of “Shaft” in action-comedy Samuel L. Jackson-speak.
I still have faith that Gina Carano is going to land good action film roles. Even though she’s trapped in B and C thrillers like “Daughter of the Wolf,” she has presence, and her fist-fighting bonafides remain impressive. She’s had … Continue reading
You can see why country singer Trace Adkins would be a natural to cast in a Western. He’s got the growl, the tall-in-the-saddle stature, the ability to wear a hat like he’d be naked without it. And his first moments … Continue reading