Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: "Incitement" condemns those who inspire an assassin
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Movie Review: The Future is bleak, the end is nigh in Swedish sci-fi "Aniara"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Movie Review: A garbage man "on the spectrum" goes to "A Dark Place" hunting a murderer
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? "Wish Man" tells the story of the cop who started "Make-a-Wish"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 21, 2019
That WAS Bryan Singer. Now here’s the new one. From the LA Times… “The long-delayed ‘Red Sonja’ reboot will be written and directed by “Transparent” showrunner Jill Soloway, who will replace Bryan Singer on the project.” https://t.co/QyET3ekL8k https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1142180406311231490?s=17
There’s warmth and a delightfully prickly edge every time James Caan and Tom Hollander square off in the Holy Land in the dramedy “Holy Lands.” Harry (Caan) is a salty New York Jew who has relocated to Israel to raise … Continue reading
And so the filmed letters to cities and lovers in those cities that began with “Paris, je t’aime,” ambled into “New York, I Love You” and ventured to “Rio, Eu Te Amo” finds its way to Deutschland with — wait … Continue reading
Tiffany Haddish is the big name in this “pranks with a hint of plot” comedy of the “Jackass” variety. A little dressing down and acting cray cray makes one turn down a kiss from Tiff? I laughed.
“Child’s Play” and “Chucky” so permeated our consciousness as to become cultural punchlines that outlived his 20 year run in horror films, beginning in 1988. We know what to expect when we hear about a reboot and clap our hands … Continue reading
The spy/assassin thriller “Anna” opens in 1985, flashes forward “five years later,” then flashes back “three years before,” then forward months, backward “three months earlier,” back and forth repeatedly all the way to the damned closing credits. It’s no wonder … Continue reading
Details details. A darkly comic fable about two archangels…one’s a demon actually…rivals through eternity, teaming up at long last to save humanity from the Antichrist has Christians protesting and threatening a boycott. They haven’t seen it. They don’t even … Continue reading