Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "Photocopier" reminds us that in Indonesia and elsewhere, the Revolution will not be Televised
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? "The Royal Treatment," a haircut with dull scissors
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 28, 2013
Sam Rockwell’s a good ol’boy hunter who accidentally shoots somebody with a bag full of ill-gotten cash. And that brings William H. Macy, Jeffrey Wright and others into his life — with deadly consequences. Late August, VOD, with a limited … Continue reading
After a robust Thursday night and a solid Friday, “The Wolverine” looked to be on track to bust into the $60million+ range for its opening weekend, kind of on the lower end of most projections for its performance. But Saturday … Continue reading
The ’80s action comedy phenomenon has been shopped and talked up as a TV series pitch for the past few months. That may or may not happen. But Paramount took that idea — a network or two has passed on … Continue reading