Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: Is "WandaVision" a Marvel?
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: Hanks anchors a Western parable, "News of the World"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 19, 2013
Ron Howard’s Formula One bio-pic of the James Hunt/Niki Lauda rivalry parties a little harder, comes on stronger sexually this time around. Chris Hemsworth, Daniel Bruhl, I don’t see Olivia Wilde but the super sexy Natalie Dormer is here, with … Continue reading
I was asked on the radio this AM about the movie that would own the box office this weekend, and my knee-jerk response was that “Turbo,” the new animated film, would ride OK buzz and passable reviews and 3D ticket … Continue reading
Jeff Bridges collects a big paycheck but burns through a good chunk of his reservoir of Oscar-winning good will with “R.I.P.D.,” the worst comic book adaptation since “Jonah Hex.” I’d say he drags Ryan Reynolds down with him, but Reynolds … Continue reading