Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: Is "WandaVision" a Marvel?
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: Hanks anchors a Western parable, "News of the World"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 10, 2013
Deadline describes the indie film that Dustin Hoffman’s son Jake will direct as a dramedy about the consequences of the live-fast/burn out young indie rock scene of New York. “Asthma” will star the beautiful and quirky Kristen Ritter, among others.
Pretty funny Indiewire hysteria over A) fussy old Rex Reed bothering to review the omnibus horror picture “V/H/S 2”, B) walking out after 20 minutes of this spotty, segmented collection (better at the end) and C) daring to admit it. … Continue reading
The democratization of movie making means not just that more filmmakers are able to shoot and edit their pictures thanks to cheaper, off-the-shelf tech. It’s lowered the cost for genre pictures bond the bargain basement horror and mumblecore talking heads … Continue reading
Comedian Jeff Garlin’s laid-back style is much in evidence in his new comedy, “Dealin’ With Idiots.” Most of the film, which he directed and co-wrote, has him reacting — UNDER-reacting — to the idiots of the film’s title. They’re Little … Continue reading