Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: Gibson's the bomb squad cop, Kevin Dillon's the hacker in the "Hot Seat"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: "Ash & Dust," and blood and revenge over a mysterious box
- Documentary Review -- "Hallelujah: Leonard Cohen, a Journey, a Song"
- Classic Film Review: Robert Redford IS "Jeremiah Johnson" (1972)
- Movie Review: Louis C.K. directs and acts in "Fourth of July"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 10, 2013
Deadline describes the indie film that Dustin Hoffman’s son Jake will direct as a dramedy about the consequences of the live-fast/burn out young indie rock scene of New York. “Asthma” will star the beautiful and quirky Kristen Ritter, among others.
Pretty funny Indiewire hysteria over A) fussy old Rex Reed bothering to review the omnibus horror picture “V/H/S 2”, B) walking out after 20 minutes of this spotty, segmented collection (better at the end) and C) daring to admit it. … Continue reading
The democratization of movie making means not just that more filmmakers are able to shoot and edit their pictures thanks to cheaper, off-the-shelf tech. It’s lowered the cost for genre pictures bond the bargain basement horror and mumblecore talking heads … Continue reading
Comedian Jeff Garlin’s laid-back style is much in evidence in his new comedy, “Dealin’ With Idiots.” Most of the film, which he directed and co-wrote, has him reacting — UNDER-reacting — to the idiots of the film’s title. They’re Little … Continue reading