Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Mrs. Maisel's Brosnahan heralds "Change in the Air"
- Netflixable? In Barcelona, watch out for "The Occupant" who had your swank apartment before you
- Netflixable? "Awake" is a thriller that snoozes too long for its own good
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? A Memphis BBQ heir gets into wine in "Uncorked"
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 10, 2013
Deadline describes the indie film that Dustin Hoffman’s son Jake will direct as a dramedy about the consequences of the live-fast/burn out young indie rock scene of New York. “Asthma” will star the beautiful and quirky Kristen Ritter, among others.
Pretty funny Indiewire hysteria over A) fussy old Rex Reed bothering to review the omnibus horror picture “V/H/S 2”, B) walking out after 20 minutes of this spotty, segmented collection (better at the end) and C) daring to admit it. … Continue reading
The democratization of movie making means not just that more filmmakers are able to shoot and edit their pictures thanks to cheaper, off-the-shelf tech. It’s lowered the cost for genre pictures bond the bargain basement horror and mumblecore talking heads … Continue reading
Comedian Jeff Garlin’s laid-back style is much in evidence in his new comedy, “Dealin’ With Idiots.” Most of the film, which he directed and co-wrote, has him reacting — UNDER-reacting — to the idiots of the film’s title. They’re Little … Continue reading