Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Classic Film Review: Brando, Woodward, Magnani and Stapleton and Tennessee Williams -- "The Fugitive Kind"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Netflixable? "Confessions of an Invisible Girl" include Brazilians and waxing
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 10, 2013
Deadline describes the indie film that Dustin Hoffman’s son Jake will direct as a dramedy about the consequences of the live-fast/burn out young indie rock scene of New York. “Asthma” will star the beautiful and quirky Kristen Ritter, among others.
Pretty funny Indiewire hysteria over A) fussy old Rex Reed bothering to review the omnibus horror picture “V/H/S 2”, B) walking out after 20 minutes of this spotty, segmented collection (better at the end) and C) daring to admit it. … Continue reading
The democratization of movie making means not just that more filmmakers are able to shoot and edit their pictures thanks to cheaper, off-the-shelf tech. It’s lowered the cost for genre pictures bond the bargain basement horror and mumblecore talking heads … Continue reading
Comedian Jeff Garlin’s laid-back style is much in evidence in his new comedy, “Dealin’ With Idiots.” Most of the film, which he directed and co-wrote, has him reacting — UNDER-reacting — to the idiots of the film’s title. They’re Little … Continue reading