Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Well, at least the Canary Islands glow in "So My Grandma's a Lesbian"
- Movie Review: "Some Southern Waters" wash up on a David Lynch shore
- Movie Review: Bring the kids, but don't forget the hankies, for "Zoo"
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: RZA goes Tarantino-ish for "Cut Throat City"
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Netflixable? On the road in India, with nothing but "Liar's Dice" to rely on
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 13, 2013
Love that Lake Bell. As an aspiring female voice over artist? With Eva Mendes, Rob Corddry and Co. in support? This should be a snickerfest. Lake wrote this Sundance award winning script and directed the picture. And stars. “In a … Continue reading
As depictions of the elderly and the effects of Alzheimer’s go, the gentle Canadian drama “Still Mine” is a lot closer to “The Notebook” than last year’s bleak, Oscar nominated French film “Amour.” There’s a tenderness about it that softens … Continue reading
The late night Thursday and all day Friday ticket sales of “Grown Ups 2” point to yet another boost to Adam Sandler’s once-fading fortunes. It could very well win the weekend, unless all those people who saw this critically lambasted … Continue reading