Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Damon, Affleck, Tucker Bateman and Davis cut a deal for "Air" Jordans
- Movie Review: Abraham's story aimed at the Easter audience -- "His Only Son"
- Netflixable? "Johnny," a tale of a righteous Polish priest and the petty crook he saved
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Netflixable? The Vulgarians Rise Again -- "Murder Mystery 2"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: July 13, 2013
Tonight’s screening: Lovely Lake Bell becomes a triple threat in “In a World”
Love that Lake Bell. As an aspiring female voice over artist? With Eva Mendes, Rob Corddry and Co. in support? This should be a snickerfest. Lake wrote this Sundance award winning script and directed the picture. And stars. “In a … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Tonight’s screening: Lovely Lake Bell becomes a triple threat in “In a World”
Movie Review: “Still Mine”
As depictions of the elderly and the effects of Alzheimer’s go, the gentle Canadian drama “Still Mine” is a lot closer to “The Notebook” than last year’s bleak, Oscar nominated French film “Amour.” There’s a tenderness about it that softens … Continue reading
Box Office Too close to call — “Despicable” vs. “Grown Ups” vs. “Pacific Rim”
The late night Thursday and all day Friday ticket sales of “Grown Ups 2” point to yet another boost to Adam Sandler’s once-fading fortunes. It could very well win the weekend, unless all those people who saw this critically lambasted … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Box Office Too close to call — “Despicable” vs. “Grown Ups” vs. “Pacific Rim”