Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: "The Turn of the Screw" becomes "The Turning"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Movie Review: A garbage man "on the spectrum" goes to "A Dark Place" hunting a murderer
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 29, 2013
It’s a tired Hollywood maxim that gorgeous actresses have to dress down and frump up to be taken seriously in their craft. Take that far enough — as the statuesque goddess Charlize Theron did in “Monster” — and there’s an … Continue reading
Strip away the makeup and the pretense, turn a few generic high school situations on their ear and an amazing thing can happen to a teen summer movie. Reality sets in, romance feels awkward, difficult and earned and characters make … Continue reading
Local guys, former Disney Feature Animation-Florida studio folk, working to get the film they pitch here up and running. It looks promising, more promising than most of the animated duds of the summer of 2013.
Shia LaBeouf slinging an English accent, and thinking things about the alluring Stacy Martin, all in this turgid clip from Von Triers’ latest headline-grabber.
She gained notice for TV’s “The Secret Life of the American Teenager,” and fame from the George Clooney/Alexander Payne dramedy “The Descendents.” Shailene Woodley’s first film after that was “The Spectacular Now,” which features another dazzlingly natural turn from this … Continue reading
Ben Foster of “3:10 to Yuma,” “The Messenger” and “Rampart” is an intense actor with a killer gaze. Which he’ll need if he plays Lance Armstrong in Stephen “The Queen” Frears’ Lance Armstrong bio-pic. Armstrong turned that looks-could-kill thing on … Continue reading