Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Mrs. Maisel's Brosnahan heralds "Change in the Air"
- Netflixable? In Barcelona, watch out for "The Occupant" who had your swank apartment before you
- Netflixable? "Awake" is a thriller that snoozes too long for its own good
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? A Memphis BBQ heir gets into wine in "Uncorked"
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 29, 2013
It’s a tired Hollywood maxim that gorgeous actresses have to dress down and frump up to be taken seriously in their craft. Take that far enough — as the statuesque goddess Charlize Theron did in “Monster” — and there’s an … Continue reading
Strip away the makeup and the pretense, turn a few generic high school situations on their ear and an amazing thing can happen to a teen summer movie. Reality sets in, romance feels awkward, difficult and earned and characters make … Continue reading
Local guys, former Disney Feature Animation-Florida studio folk, working to get the film they pitch here up and running. It looks promising, more promising than most of the animated duds of the summer of 2013.
Shia LaBeouf slinging an English accent, and thinking things about the alluring Stacy Martin, all in this turgid clip from Von Triers’ latest headline-grabber.
She gained notice for TV’s “The Secret Life of the American Teenager,” and fame from the George Clooney/Alexander Payne dramedy “The Descendents.” Shailene Woodley’s first film after that was “The Spectacular Now,” which features another dazzlingly natural turn from this … Continue reading
Ben Foster of “3:10 to Yuma,” “The Messenger” and “Rampart” is an intense actor with a killer gaze. Which he’ll need if he plays Lance Armstrong in Stephen “The Queen” Frears’ Lance Armstrong bio-pic. Armstrong turned that looks-could-kill thing on … Continue reading